Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Filippo

IOM Covid removing restrictions

2 minutes ago, Lagman said:

It would be noticed at the hospital if it had been spreading, there would be cases that would require treatment by now.

Well Jersey have had none in hospital with borders open for 11 weeks 

5 minutes ago, Lagman said:

It would be noticed at the hospital if it had been spreading, there would be cases that would require treatment by now.

Fair point. Unless everyone who has it in the community is by some fluke asymptomatic it surely can't be at large?

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Good for them, lets see if it lasts.

1 hour ago, The Old Git said:

Is it strange that they had your email address? 

Perhaps they just sent it to anyone. 

At least they didn’t cc it to 500 other people this time. 

Or are people giving false details 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

We’ll be catching Jersey soon who have 11 cases from 101,000 tests

386 cases. Not 11. Stop telling lies. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Banker said:

One was in hospital last week. Stop........

11 minutes ago, Cambon said:

386 cases. Not 11. Stop telling lies. 

11 active cases as you know full well!!

The point is would we have much more active cases by opening the borders as Jersey have ? They have 11 active cases & we have 3.

We have had a total of 339 cases from 11000 tests and Jersey 386 from 101000 so who has higher rates?

Also Jersey tested 85000 since borders opened and 75 cases, IOM probably 1/200 max since travel & testing allowed & 3 cases so which policy is better?

Edited by Banker

1 hour ago, Lagman said:

And we had over 100 days with no new cases.....

That’s not true. We’ve gone over 100 days of not testing people who have returned from the UK who don’t have symptoms. So we haven’t found any cases as we haven’t tested most of the people who have come back. You’re assuming there have been no cases when likely there have been several cases exactly like this but nobody has been tested. So what’s the panic now that we have tested some people and surprise, surprise we’ve found some who are positive? By your logic you can never catch AiDS if you don't have an AIDS test! 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I'm not sure there is a panic. Except for you banker and nom de plume. I dont see anybody else panicking

I think Cambon & the borders closed forever gang are panicking as the system of not testing  has been exposed as extremely flawed with IOM having higher rates than others who do on number of tests.

Interesting that Guernsey who also allow non residents in have lower cases than us and have also carried out more tests 

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

I think Cambon & the borders closed forever gang are panicking as the system of not testing  has been exposed as extremely flawed with IOM having higher rates than others who do on number of tests.

Interesting that Guernsey who also allow non residents in have lower cases than us and have also carried out more tests 

Banker, give me one good reason how relaxing the current border restrictions will benefit the Iom ? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

No panic here.

I only state facts.

Agree not even facts but stating the obvious. I’m genuinely amazed that some people would prefer to think that we are covid free as that’s more psychologically comforting when they know we aren’t testing the people who have the highest risk of actually having covid than allow science and testing to show us what the true picture actually is. Jersey is interesting as actually as a percentage of tests done they have a lot less infected than us (386 out of 105,500 tested) when we’ve done 90% less testing than they’ve done and found 339. 

F7BFE5AF-FF24-4553-99D3-DF8D784066F7.jpeg

Edited by thesultanofsheight

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

Might be interesting but no matter how much you post / repeat it - IOM is not going to follow.

• Like 1