Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, code99 said:

According to Jonathan Van-Tam "people must learn to manage Covid risks'', and he no longer wears a face mask as a matter of course...perhaps the following article will change his mind?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jul/01/herd-immunity-covid-virus-vaccine

Run away!
 

 

Edited by Andy Onchan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, code99 said:

According to Jonathan Van-Tam "people must learn to manage Covid risks'', and he no longer wears a face mask as a matter of course...perhaps the following article will change his mind?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jul/01/herd-immunity-covid-virus-vaccine

It was at this point " this is more like being trapped on a rollercoaster in a horror film" in the article when I gave up.

Edit - only joking, I read the whole thing. I'm not sure why you think that article would encourage a change in the mind of JVT, especially around face masks. JVT doesn't wear one because he knows they don't change a thing, but he can't say that out loud.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It was at this point " this is more like being trapped on a rollercoaster in a horror film" in the article when I gave up.

Edit - only joking, I read the whole thing. I'm not sure why you think that article would encourage a change in the mind of JVT, especially around face masks. JVT doesn't wear one because he knows they don't change a thing, but he can't say that out loud.

But they will on a personal level if you wear an FP2 mask you won't catch it, quite simple, or maybe you don't like simple or maybe you are simple

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

JVT doesn't wear one because he knows they don't change a thing, but he can't say that out loud.

Quite obviously, masks do make a difference, otherwise medical professionals including dentists would not wear them. The purpose of wearing a mask is not only to protect the wearer but more importantly to protect other people, especially vulnerable people. 

Anyway, you can lead a horse to water but you can not make it drink...if it is stubborn and silly. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

But they will on a personal level if you wear an FP2 mask you won't catch it, quite simple, or maybe you don't like simple or maybe you are simple

Yeah, it's me that's simple. Nice one.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, code99 said:

Quite obviously, masks do make a difference, otherwise medical professionals including dentists would not wear them.

But what was said is that if you wear an FP2 mask you can’t possibly get get covid which is literally absolute bullshit. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

But what was said is that if you wear an FP2 mask you can’t possibly get get covid which is literally absolute bullshit. 

Is it bullshit, covid is airborne wear  a proper mask not a surgical mask and you won't get or at least very, very little chance of getting it and if you avoid crowded indoor areas you almost certainly will not get it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...