IOM Covid removing restrictions

I hope that woman does go to prison.    The reason the situation is so bad across is that some of the public have disregarded all the rules, I feel so sorry for the ones who took sensible precautions and and are now suffering because of the oiks that didn’t.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can you guys start a separate thread titled "Jersey is ace - oh no it isn't" and leave this one to a discussion on IOM and the coronavirus?

...and I so wanted a long illustrious career at the DHSC   I run my own company so my involvement with the DHSC to set up and keep the COVID19 lab running wasn't exactly in the professional caree

I'll put a big disclaimer here that I'm not the person who decides who gets tested and when.  Saying that, I am a scientist who understands that if you test someone on the day they arrive and the

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I hope that woman does go to prison.    The reason the situation is so bad across is that some of the public have disregarded all the rules, I feel so sorry for the ones who took sensible precautions and and are now suffering because of the oiks that didn’t.

This is link to Bolton story, it does seem like a few idiots are causing the problems in UK 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-54205353

Yep, even if IOM is added to the green list 

The general advice against non-essential travel includes Great Britain but does not apply to Northern Ireland.

Irish green list does not include Great Britain so if you travel to Ireland from Scotland, England or wales you will still have to quarantine for 14 days on arrival. Even if you go via NI you have to prove you have been in NI for 14 days.

15 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Yep, even if IOM is added to the green list 

I thought the idea was we could be added to the Republic of Ireland green list which allows reciprocal travel between certain countries if certain criteria is met. It’s a great idea. I’d be happy to disappear off the grid up the Atlantic coast for a few weeks if this total madness continues. At the moment the IOM is classed the same as the UK (mandatory 14 days self isolation) which is madness as we don’t have UK rates of community infection. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I thought the idea was we could be added to the Republic of Ireland green list which allows reciprocal travel between certain countries if certain criteria is met. It’s a great idea. I’d be happy to disappear off the grid up the Atlantic coast for a few weeks if this total madness continues. 

I would be happy for you as well....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The Green lists and various other ways of classifying possible sorts of infection are far to often political rather than science-based (as John has pointed out) and far too sluggish to react to changing situations.  The Irish only reconsider their lists every fortnight, really it should be every day at least.  But in principle it's a good idea because the level of infection in a place really does make a difference to how likely to how someone from there will slip through relaxed controls.

What doesn't make sense is not doing anything as the Manx Government has - presumably on the grounds of it being too much like hard work.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Banker said:

Still don’t know what the point of this is from Watterson as there’s no flights or boats to Ireland and unlikely to be any whilst border restrictions in place.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=57870&headline=Manx seeking to go green in Ireland&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2020

Totally agree, especially since the situation there seems to be getting much worse again. They never even opened the pubs in Dublin yet the second wave is happening. 

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Well it will be infinitely safer than wherever you’re holed up I’m sure. 

Safer than the south of the island?

Doubt it.

But then we did make a rare foray to the capital today for the food and drink festival...

Clown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
17 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

The funny thing is that it doesn't.  For many decades now (at least 40 years) people have been predicting a massive increase being needed in the number of care home places and so on.  But the odd thing is that it hasn't happened.  Numbers of people in care homes barely went up between 2001 and 2011 for instance.  The growing number of elderly and very elderly people has happened as predicted, but they aren't going in homes for any longer or in greater numbers and the predicted boom never happened.

This may cause problems elsewhere in the system, but the expect expansion of care homes never happened.

What is missing in that analysis is the increase in private equity investment in care homes, rather than public sector or small independent homes.  It has become big business.

Also the care at home initiatives have also bred large care at home businesses. 

29 minutes ago, Gladys said:

What is missing in that analysis is the increase in private equity investment in care homes, rather than public sector or small independent homes.  It has become big business.

Also the care at home initiatives have also bred large care at home businesses. 

Along with some gut-wrenchingly cringeworthy adverts on the ITV channels...

12 hours ago, Cambon said:

Totally agree, especially since the situation there seems to be getting much worse again. They never even opened the pubs in Dublin yet the second wave is happening. 

The "world beating" Track Trace and Isolate system was supposed to be INSTEAD of a lockdown.

As it's yet another complete and utter shambles courtesy of Bozo and his Bungling Brexiteers infections are on the rise.

But then they are rising in the EU as well. Expect hospital admissions / fatalities to start rising in the next several weeks.