IOM Covid removing restrictions

Northern Ireland schools closing for two weeks blah blah blah.

The madness goes on.

These lockdowns are absolutely pointless, it’s too late - the horse has bolted.

Slow the spread, delay the spread, then what? That’s right, open up & it’s back again.

It is quite clear to me the only way out of this is to crack on, practice improved hygiene, encourage social distancing & move the **** on.

• Like 2
  • Replies 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Liverpool have given up.

By the turn of the New Year I expect the rest of the country will have too.

It is madness.

This is what the government are going to have to grapple with over the next few months. They may be able to close businesses, however the public buy in to restrictions isn't what it was, and the more restrictive and draconian they make them to ensure compliance, the more push back they will experience. it may well descend into an on, off, on, off cycle of restrictions that damage the morale and economy of the nation, that ultimately do not end up achieving their primary objective of saving the health of the nation. We all know that this cannot go on, but the politics is already kicking in with Keir breaking ranks, so leaving Boris with even less room for manoeuvre. I have never been so glad to live on the island (even during one of our lovely winters).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Liverpool have given up.

By the turn of the New Year I expect the rest of the country will have too.

It is madness.

That is why they need a short sharp lockdown, to suppress the virus and prevent the health services being overwhelmed. It is nothing to do with stopping the virus. It is about slowing it. 

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Cambon said:

That is why they need a short sharp lockdown, to suppress the virus and prevent the health services being overwhelmed. It is nothing to do with stopping the virus. It is about slowing it. 

Stop it.

They haven’t even utilised the Nightingale hospitals yet!

A ‘circuit breaker’ as Starmer put it is just more bullshit.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
44 minutes ago, Cambon said:

What's the point?

It looks like a flawed strategy.   They'll spend years moving in and out of lockdowns destroying more lives and businesses along the way as folk get progressively less compliant.

Won't be long before riots commence I suspect.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Cambon said:

You're usually pretty spot on with your comments on here Cambon but on this you're wrong. 

It's been proven by many scientific studies now that lockdowns have little impact and indeed even the WHO has come out against them recently. We need to stop viewing 'health' with the blinkers on. Covid isn't the only show in town; mental health is off the charts, suicide is up massively, cancer patients are dying horrible, preventable deaths in their own beds not being able to access treatments which otherwise could have helped them beat it.

Lockdowns are another excuse to put everything else on hold and destroy more livelihoods and lives in a vain attempt to slow down a virus, which is akin to using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
38 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Stop it.

They haven’t even utilised the Nightingale hospitals yet!

They can never use the Nightingale hospitals - they don't have the staff to run them.  They never have had.  Why do you think they were barely used in the Spring, even though the other hospitals were overwhelmed?   Like practically everything else this Tory government has done in the crisis they were all for show, because this is a government that only knows how to do propaganda, not how to run things.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

They can never use the Nightingale hospitals - they don't have the staff to run them.  They never have had.  Why do you think they were barely used in the Spring, even though the other hospitals were overwhelmed?   Like practically everything else this Tory government has done in the crisis they were all for show, because this is a government that only knows how to do propaganda, not how to run things.

You don’t know that.

Crazy allegation to make.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

We need to stop viewing 'health' with the blinkers on. Covid isn't the only show in town; mental health is off the charts, suicide is up massively, cancer patients are dying horrible, preventable deaths in their own beds not being able to access treatments which otherwise could have helped them beat it.

And if the hospitals were crammed with Covid patients, how do you think that would help in the treatment of other medical conditions?  I suppose it might kill off some of the cancer patients quicker if they catch it, but I suspect that's not what you meant.

This is magical thinking again.  A belief that is somehow we go back to doing things the way they were before the virus appeared, then the virus will vanish.  It's not going to work.

And after lockdown worked in the Spring to reduce the number of cases on the UK to a much lower level (and eliminate it entirely in the Isle of Man) perhaps you'd like to link to all these 'scientific' studies that tell us it made no difference.