Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

China has been well on top of ways to deal with this virus from the very start (apart from letting Wuhan whistleblowers die from it.)

It leads me to believe that a) they are massively massaging their statistics, and/or b) knowing how to deal with virus escapes from Wuhan, because they get them all the time????

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can you guys start a separate thread titled "Jersey is ace - oh no it isn't" and leave this one to a discussion on IOM and the coronavirus?

Ratio of admissions to deaths is not that different, testing is obviously out due to the massive capacity increase like just about everywhere in the world.    The current UK situation is impact

It's a safe place right now because of the Manx people, not the Manx politicians. None of us want to be "the person who brought it back" so we isolate and make sure we don't transmit the virus by bein

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

China has been well on top of ways to deal with this virus from the very start (apart from letting Wuhan whistleblowers die from it.)

It leads me to believe that a) they are massively massaging their statistics, and/or b) knowing how to deal with virus escapes from Wuhan, because they get them all the time????

Or they are a totalitarian coercive society where the state acts wearing size 15 jackboots in its lock down.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

China has been well on top of ways to deal with this virus from the very start (apart from letting Wuhan whistleblowers die from it.)

It leads me to believe that a) they are massively massaging their statistics, and/or b) knowing how to deal with virus escapes from Wuhan, because they get them all the time????

:rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

You didn’t read or just dismissed this Roger?

https://lockdownsceptics.org/what-sage-got-wrong/

Are you also dismissing suggestions that if you are under 75, contract Covid presenting symptoms, your chances of dying are 0.001%?

Yet Governments all over Europe are systematically plunging millions into the depths of poverty, denying patients urgent medical treatments, inflicting untold mental health issues on the most vulnerable & worse.

To really make you wonder, China, with a population of close to 1.5 billion people has only recorded 4,634 deaths and has two of the most densely populated cities in the world.

You don’t find all that a bit ‘off’?

 

I’ve read it. The whole article has a very off-putting, conspiratorial, flat-earth, climate-change-denying style. Whereas some of what he writes has merit - T-cell immunity, lower IFR etc - he’s definitely skewing the figures to suit his own ‘SAGE are all incompetent’ agenda. 
 

The reality is that the second wave is coming - at least in the NW. ITU beds filling up, something like 600+ covid cases admitted to Liverpool hospitals right now, they’re on the verge of cancelling elective work, and we’re having to come up with contingency plans for how to deal with non-covid stuff here that ordinarily gets sent across, if they can’t cope. 
 

On the plus side, we’re better at treating it now. It may be slightly less virulent than in April (jury’s out on that one) and effective, and more importantly ineffective treatments, are known about. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I think I'm gonna take some mushrooms

 

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I feel much better now. Some of you on here would benefit from doing the same. Well, all of you really.

 

2 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Eh?

giphy.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

Going back to Jersey versus Guernsey, I find the Jersey Evening Post article on the topic of Guernsey's new Chief Minister rather amusing!

As they say, "the two islands took different very approaches in response to the Covid-19 outbreak"

I wonder if he’s said anything about HQ. Ferbrache was GSY chief minister before Gav, so it’s a come back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I wonder if he’s said anything about HQ. Ferbrache was GSY chief minister before Gav, so it’s a come back.

I understand he has a nickname locally - Furbrush :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I’ve read it. The whole article has a very off-putting, conspiratorial, flat-earth, climate-change-denying style. Whereas some of what he writes has merit - T-cell immunity, lower IFR etc - he’s definitely skewing the figures to suit his own ‘SAGE are all incompetent’ agenda. 
 

The reality is that the second wave is coming - at least in the NW. ITU beds filling up, something like 600+ covid cases admitted to Liverpool hospitals right now, they’re on the verge of cancelling elective work, and we’re having to come up with contingency plans for how to deal with non-covid stuff here that ordinarily gets sent across, if they can’t cope. 
 

On the plus side, we’re better at treating it now. It may be slightly less virulent than in April (jury’s out on that one) and effective, and more importantly ineffective treatments, are known about. 

Where do you sit on the longer term damage that’s being done?

ie, the suffering & misery that is already unfolding on millions.

We are beyond the tipping point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

I understand he has a nickname locally - Furbrush :lol:

Bizarre result considering Gav got the largest popular vote, over 50% of the electorate voted for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I wonder if he’s said anything about HQ. Ferbrache was GSY chief minister before Gav, so it’s a come back.

Yes , hide the pies if he visits 😀

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Where do you sit on the longer term damage that’s being done?

ie, the suffering & misery that is already unfolding on millions.

We are beyond the tipping point. 

Here or across?

Here we’ve got it pretty good. It is difficult for some not being able to freely travel, but it would be worse if we started filling up Noble’s with covid cases, and shutting down businesses again. For the time being I don’t think there’s much else to be done over here. 
 

In the UK I’m torn between the circuit-breaker idea, and just thinking they may as well crack-on. All the half-arsed measures over the past few months have got them where exactly? The paddle-free brown smelly river, that’s where. Adopt the Swedish model and go for herd immunity, but expect a deadly winter which might completely collapse the NHS. Tough choices. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Here or across?

Here we’ve got it pretty good. It is difficult for some not being able to freely travel, but it would be worse if we started filling up Noble’s with covid cases, and shutting down businesses again. For the time being I don’t think there’s much else to be done over here. 
 

In the UK I’m torn between the circuit-breaker idea, and just thinking they may as well crack-on. All the half-arsed measures over the past few months have got them where exactly? The paddle-free brown smelly river, that’s where. Adopt the Swedish model and go for herd immunity, but expect a deadly winter which might completely collapse the NHS. Tough choices. 

I agree 100% on here currently. There’s not a lot we can do until the New Year. At least we get to enjoy a Christmas of sorts though many families will not be together.

In regards the U.K., I think we have to see how the next three months pan out. If there’s no significant improvement then I’m of the opinion it really is time to crack on & try as best they can to protect those that need it.

A dreadful dilemma but ultimately there is a whole lot of horror unfolding long term if these series of lockdowns / restrictions continue.

I want my kids to grow up in a society that has a chance not worse than the late 70’s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I agree 100% on here currently. There’s not a lot we can do until the New Year. At least we get to enjoy a Christmas of sorts though many families will not be together.

In regards the U.K., I think we have to see how the next three months pan out. If there’s no significant improvement then I’m of the opinion it really is time to crack on & try as best they can to protect those that need it.

A dreadful dilemma but ultimately there is a whole lot of horror unfolding long term if these series of lockdowns / restrictions continue.

I want my kids to grow up in a society that has a chance not worse than the late 70’s.

The government can put on more and more restrictions on business/people, but if a significant minority do not comply, the government will have to be pragmatic and either go full on authoritarian or let everyone get on with it. Boris and the tories are libertarians so I bet that the rules will become merely guidance and then we watch and wait...The public compliance is the thing to watch. I feel that it is starting to falter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...