Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Interesting question from Clare Barber yesterday, caught Howie out after saying they followed Medical experts advice on borders!

The Chief Minister stated that Public Health were part of the group involved in developing the borders framework. Yet in an email that I received from the Director of Public Health relating specifically to Stage 4 of the borders plan, she stated that the Public Health Directorate was not asked to provide any assessment or advice to inform the decision regarding the borders plan.
Could the Chief Minister confirm just how involved Public Health have been and are in developing our pandemic plans?

he tried to bluster way out saying they are at all meetings etc but it’s basically bollocks 

Can’t believe the press didn’t pick up on it ... stuck out like a sore thumb.

The Director of Public Health was initiating politicians are charting our course which is harrowing.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can you guys start a separate thread titled "Jersey is ace - oh no it isn't" and leave this one to a discussion on IOM and the coronavirus?

It's a safe place right now because of the Manx people, not the Manx politicians. None of us want to be "the person who brought it back" so we isolate and make sure we don't transmit the virus by bein

Ratio of admissions to deaths is not that different, testing is obviously out due to the massive capacity increase like just about everywhere in the world.    The current UK situation is impact

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

The Director of Public Health was initiating politicians are charting our course which is harrowing.

It won’t even be politicians it will be Cabinet Office who saw off Chris Thomas at the start of all this because he wanted all this stuff to be implemented properly with proper debate. When all they wanted was WW2 style powers and to chuck people in jail so the civil servants felt safe. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Can’t believe the press didn’t pick up on it ... stuck out like a sore thumb.

The Director of Public Health was initiating politicians are charting our course which is harrowing.

You keep saying things like “ our”. 
You don’t even live here. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, finlo said:

Did they ever see a single patient?

Wasn't part of the role of Nightingale hospitals basically that they would take on the role of looking after those too ill to be saved and provide palliative care? If you were shoved in the ExCel you knew your odds were bad.

Of course, today's figures in the UK are suggesting hospitalisations rocketing up, at a rate of around 150% week on week.

21st Oct - 5,828

14th Oct - 4,146

7th Oct - 2,944

30th Sept - 1,958

23rd Sept - 1,381

16th Sept - 894

7,420 patients in hospital as of now - highest since 27th May. At the peak of the virus, the highest was 19,849 patients in hospital. The lowest since the pandemic began was 733 - a little over six weeks ago. Today's figure is an increase of 912% since then.

693 patients on ventilators as of now - highest since 30th May. At the peak of the virus, the highest was 3,247 patients on ventilators. The lowest since the pandemic began was 60 - a little over six weeks ago. Today's figure is an increase of 1055% since then.

1,053 patients admitted to hospital in the last 24 hours - highest since 7th May. At the peak of the virus, the highest was 3,564 admitted in one day. The lowest since the pandemic began was 72 - a little over six weeks ago. Today's figure is an increase of 1363% since then.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Banker said:

.......she stated that the Public Health Directorate was not asked to provide any assessment or advice to inform the decision regarding the borders plan.

In my experience Dr Ewart comes across as a professional who tells it like it is and I guess some people have not wanted her assessments and observations to be in the public domain. Public Health should have been present at all the daily briefings with the Medical Director - in the end a social worker and a nurse I think were trundled out to reiterate the political approach.

Did anyone in Tynwald ask for a review yet, like either Barber or Thomas? If not ,why not and  who is holding who to account on our behalf?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Wasn't part of the role of Nightingale hospitals basically that they would take on the role of looking after those too ill to be saved and provide palliative care? If you were shoved in the ExCel you knew your odds were bad.

Of course, today's figures in the UK are suggesting hospitalisations rocketing up, at a rate of around 150% week on week.

21st Oct - 5,828

14th Oct - 4,146

7th Oct - 2,944

30th Sept - 1,958

23rd Sept - 1,381

16th Sept - 894

7,420 patients in hospital as of now - highest since 27th May. At the peak of the virus, the highest was 19,849 patients in hospital. The lowest since the pandemic began was 733 - a little over six weeks ago. Today's figure is an increase of 912% since then.

693 patients on ventilators as of now - highest since 30th May. At the peak of the virus, the highest was 3,247 patients on ventilators. The lowest since the pandemic began was 60 - a little over six weeks ago. Today's figure is an increase of 1055% since then.

1,053 patients admitted to hospital in the last 24 hours - highest since 7th May. At the peak of the virus, the highest was 3,564 admitted in one day. The lowest since the pandemic began was 72 - a little over six weeks ago. Today's figure is an increase of 1363% since then.

Genuine question because I don’t know.

How do these figures compare to a “normal” October?

Everything I have read suggests hospital bed use rockets at this time of year every year

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Has Barber been asleep since March. ? How has she earned her £1000 per week ?

She is not alone to be fair.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Has Barber been asleep since March. ? How has she earned her £1000 per week ?

I think you will find she volunteered to work at hospital as a qualified nurse during the major infections stage and this is first Tynwald since July so instead of sniping at someone who has contributed just keep quiet!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Apple said:

In my experience Dr Ewart comes across as a professional who tells it like it is and I guess some people have not wanted her assessments and observations to be in the public domain. Public Health should have been present at all the daily briefings with the Medical Director - in the end a social worker and a nurse I think were trundled out to reiterate the political approach.

Did anyone in Tynwald ask for a review yet, like either Barber or Thomas? If not ,why not and  who is holding who to account on our behalf?

Howie was very surprised to learn of email from Ewart and will luck into matter & also consider whether he can release medical advice if it exists!!

so more questions next month to keep Howie on the hook!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a lot of people have gone above and beyond - my own family did likewise - but kept involved in what was going on. 

Lets not forget all the volunteers helping to shop for elderly neighbours and friends etc. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Banker said:

Howie was very surprised to learn of email from Ewart and will luck into matter & also consider whether he can release medical advice if it exists!!

Releasing clinical data should not be a problem. Patient confidentiality also applies to everyone outside of the patients medical team, so the politicians should not have been given it anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

HQ is going to ask someone (no idea who) if he can furnish the Manx people with the medical advice he has used to lock down a nation with no plan to get us out of it.

Oh, he’s good like.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

HQ is going to ask someone (no idea who) if he can furnish the Manx people with the medical advice he has used to lock down a nation with no plan to get us out of it.

Oh, he’s good like.

Can’t be Director of public health as she wasn’t consulted according to her email!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...