• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• horatiotheturd

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

There are also data protection issues.  In reality it is confidential.  We don't go splashing details of every death around the public domain.  The family may not wish to consent to it.

Not sure the family have a say to be honest. Keeping it out of hatched matched and dispatched may be in their power but if the death is from Covid-19, they may not have control of that info. Only my guess, but had read about similar across the pond.

50 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But you don't need to specify x in that case.  You just say "died from another condition which we are satisfied was not exacerbated by his viral infection" or something similar.  And you offer reassurance about shielding and so on.  No one is alleging a cover-up here, just that poor communication will make some people think that there might have been.

Or alternatively they could have simply died of covid and communicated that.

5 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

They've already released the non personal details.

They haven’t really. They’ve said someone has died of COVID-19 when it may well be that someone has died after testing positive for COVID-19. There is a very big difference there which I’m sure would be beneficial for them to clarify given some of the things being said and presented as “fact” on social media.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/person-on-island-dies-from-covid-19/

Edited by thesultanofsheight
3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Not sure the family have a say to be honest. Keeping it out of hatched matched and dispatched may be in their power but if the death is from Covid-19, they may not have control of that info. Only my guess, but had read about similar across the pond.

There isn't a legal requirement to inform the public of a birth marriage or death aside of the recording of it ultimately.  Announcing stuff in the paper is a personal decision.

3 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

There isn't a legal requirement to inform the public of a birth marriage or death aside of the recording of it ultimately.  Announcing stuff in the paper is a personal decision.

I agree about that, but cause of death in the midst of a pandemic is different I think. I know they hid aids deaths, but this is more serious isn’t it ?

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I agree about that, but cause of death in the midst of a pandemic is different I think. I know they hid aids deaths, but this is more serious isn’t it ?

We should hope then that one of the press ask a very clear question to HQ or DA and get an honest answer.

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I would be very surprised if your second sentence is true.

Death is a matter of public record. But it doesn't mean it has to be recorded or announced anywhere other than in the Registry .

GDPR doesn't apply to dead people, but other legislation around medical records does.

2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

They haven’t really. They’ve said someone has died of COVID-19 when it may well be that someone has died after testing positive for COVID-19. There is a very big difference there which I’m sure would be beneficial for them to clarify given some of the things being said and presented as “fact” on social media.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/person-on-island-dies-from-covid-19/

The statement is clear.  They died of Covid.  That's the statement. What needs clarifying?

Only idiots pay attention to social media hysteria.  You should know.

• Like 2