Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Filippo

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Not to throw fire on todays rumour mill but I did hear from an old colleague that someone who works at Nobles has tested positive today, pending second test and it looks to be a case of community infection.

Seems she got frisky with someone who was positive...

Hopefully it turns out to be false result. But I know of two people that have been part of contact tracing this afternoon as a result too.

Not one to cast doubt but...

As at 4.15pm on 11 Nov 2020: Total tests: 17001 Concluded tests: 16992 Confirmed cases: 361 New cases: 2 Awaiting results: 9 Awaiting tests: 17 Number of deaths: Hospital - 7, Community - 18 Total active cases: Community - 0, Hospital - 0, Isolated individual (non-community) - 7

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, trmpton said:

So about half of the “cases” have symptoms and none are in hospital.

I wonder how many of those with symptoms got tested because they had symptoms and how many got tested for some other reason, found out they were positive and then when asked went “oh, now you mention it, I did have the shits/was a bit warm/sneezed/coughed the other day”

The only statistics we should be interested in our hospital admissions and any deaths.

From the outset I always thought that the level of asymptomatics would be much higher than was being reported, simply because of the lack of testing (UK in particular). Had these folk been identified earlier then they would have had to isolate. No questions or excuses. If asymptomatics are found outside of isolation then they deserve to get the book thrown at them.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Not to throw fire on todays rumour mill but I did hear from an old colleague that someone who works at Nobles has tested positive today, pending second test and it looks to be a case of community infection.

Seems she got frisky with someone who was positive...

Hopefully it turns out to be false result. But I know of two people that have been part of contact tracing this afternoon as a result too.

Well according to the official IOM Government Twitter account, the two new cases today are isolating and not in the community.

I have very good reason to doubt this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Well according to the official IOM Government Twitter account, the two new cases today are isolating and not in the community.

I have very good reason to doubt this.

A tradie working in a nursing home was sent home from working there today because his good lady has tested positive.

I think Allinson and his 'not if but when' is really a sign of things to come but hopefully they prove to be false positive.

Edited by NoTailT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

A tradie working in a nursing home was sent home from working there today because his good lady has tested positive.

I think Allinson and his 'not if but when' is really a sign of things to come but hopefully they prove to be false positive.

Yes, I noticed that from Allinson as well.  But proper diagnoses done here (rather than daft people sending off for home test kits) won't be false positives - at most they return an uncertain result and are re-tested.  And I am horrified that someone sharing with a person supposed to be self-isolating would be working anywhere near a nursing home.

I can't help wondering if "Isolated individual (non-community)" is being taken to mean that they are isolating now, rather than ever since returning from UK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Yes, I noticed that from Allinson as well.  But proper diagnoses done here (rather than daft people sending off for home test kits) won't be false positives - at most they return an uncertain result and are re-tested.  And I am horrified that someone sharing with a person supposed to be self-isolating would be working anywhere near a nursing home.

I can't help wondering if "Isolated individual (non-community)" is being taken to mean that they are isolating now, rather than ever since returning from UK.

I can foresee the briefing tomorrow when Mr Ashford states that he acknowledges they aren't reporting this correctly and are now quoting a new section 'Now in isolation' but it still isn't a community case, if it is/was (no proof of such right now).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Well according to the official IOM Government Twitter account, the two new cases today are isolating and not in the community.

I have very good reason to doubt this.

they might be now,  but i suspect they were out and about before hand.

 

 

just out of interest, how many people have died from the flu this year ?   is it still the usual numbers or are some flu deaths being classed as covid ?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I think Allinson and his 'not if but when' is really a sign of things to come but hopefully they prove to be false positive.

I wondered if he was preparing us for a community case. Half expected it today, but I suppose it would be a better fit with the press conference tomorrow 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...