Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 23.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Barlow said:

 

You're being sarcastic for sure.

These days our precious young things see full stops as a sign of aggression (and capitalization a pain in the butt and they can hardly spell their own name without making a spelling mistake).

Doubt they will be the ones going to Uni.

Having said that, when I was at Uni I shared a floor in halls with some fine art students who had to do 2 written assignments each year.  One was a very talented artist but not an academic.  For one assignment she plagiarised a text book on the required topic.  Unfortunately, her assignment opened with "At this juncture..."

I don't think it affected her degree results and she subsequently exhibited at the Slade.

Edited by Gladys
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/fedelta-offices-reopen-after-precautionary-covid-closure/

 

Fedelta rightly kicking off at Gov. Track and trace is so damn broken and 111 seemingly incapable of reacing properly to situations.

There's definitely something wrong there!

Quote

 

’Our employee took the sensible precaution of isolating from the moment they became aware of the issue but, bearing in mind they were living in close contact with identified high risk individuals.

’It seems questionable that the advice from 111 to the individual concerned was to go about their normal business (including going to work in an office with 30 colleagues) and await further contact if necessary.’

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

There's definitely something wrong there!

 

I'm told the exact same advice was given by 111 to the nursing home incident yesterday. Total shambles, coordinated by his Great Lordship Ashford.

Edited by NoTailT
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Doubt they will be the ones going to Uni.

Having said that, when I was at Uni I shared a floor in halls with some fine art students who had to do 2 written assignments each year.  One was a very talented artist but not an academic.  For one assignment she plagiarised a text book on the required topic.  Unfortunately, her assignment opened with "At this juncture..."

I don't think it affected her degree results and she subsequently exhibited at the Slade.

The uni* students are as bad as any. We get them with degrees and there (sic) spelling and grammar is often primary school level.

At a push I kind of get where this modern teaching of grammar and spelling being secondary to meaning (or whatever the excuse for modern slack-arsed education is these days) but when I used to see a job application or report with shit grammar and spelling it went to the bottom of the pile. 

 

 

*Used to be called 'University'

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barlow said:

The uni* students are as bad as any. We get them with degrees and there (sic) spelling and grammar is often primary school level.

At a push I kind of get where this modern teaching of grammar and spelling being secondary to meaning (or whatever the excuse for modern slack-arsed education is these days) but when I used to see a job application or report with shit grammar and spelling it went to the bottom of the pile. 

 

 

*Used to be called 'University'

I know an English teacher in their 30s with terrible grammar, punctuation and spelling! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I know an English teacher in their 30s with terrible grammar, punctuation and spelling! 

 

I know a computer programmer the same. One simple spelling error can screw up a program big time and cause hours/days/weeks lost time . Cobal and Fortran don't have spell checker and autocorrect.

(actually they kind of do up to a point)

Edited by Barlow
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Barlow said:

The uni* students are as bad as any. We get them with degrees and there (sic) spelling and grammar is often primary school level.

At a push I kind of get where this modern teaching of grammar and spelling being secondary to meaning (or whatever the excuse for modern slack-arsed education is these days) but when I used to see a job application or report with shit grammar and spelling it went to the bottom of the pile. 

 

 

*Used to be called 'University'

I agree, grammar and spelling is almost completely ignored.  When I was at primary we were taught the grammatical rules, often learning by rote with those little memory rhymes. Still use them now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Hmmm. Sounds like there is somebody senior who is too thick to show any kind of flexibility or iniative to deap with a quickly changing situation.

Well played to the lab staff for bypassing him/her.

That is what happens when you have a non-scientist directing a scientific response to a scientific problem. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...