Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I would rather see what is done about the trawler owner who "chartered" his boat to the fugitive up in court today.

Talking of trawlers apparently some Polish fishermen sailed into Ramsey and took themselves off on a shopping spree twice before being apprehended.

Their excuses were that nobody told them they weren't allowed and there is no signage to say as much either!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Banker

    2287

  • TheTeapot

    1329

  • Gladys

    1178

  • horatiotheturd

    1015

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, NoTail said:

Calm down.  We don't have bodies on the streets,  hospital in total overload etc. 2 people have tested positive. If the tracing people are good there should be no problem 

No one (on here anyway) is panicking.  but many of us are worried about how things are being handled, especially about the way information is being given out and how speedily and competently actions are being taken.  If the government is unable to be open and helpful even in simple situation, how will they cope if things get worse?

And maybe now is the time to panic, because in an epidemic it's by reacting early that you react effectively.  It's no use saying "no one's dead yet" (though they are and we still haven't the appropriate details on that) because when the deaths start happening you can't go back in time and stop those people catching it 3-4 weeks ago or stop the people the got if from catching it the week before that.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, finlo said:

Talking of trawlers apparently some Polish fishermen sailed into Ramsey and took themselves off on a shopping spree twice before being apprehended.

Their excuses were that nobody told them they weren't allowed and there is no signage to say as much either!

thought all foreign vessels were made to land in Douglas or Peel?

or was this a little while ago?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

No one (on here anyway) is panicking.  but many of us are worried about how things are being handled, especially about the way information is being given out and how speedily and competently actions are being taken.  If the government is unable to be open and helpful even in simple situation, how will they cope if things get worse?

also the government as saying they're being as open and communicative as possible while making up random ways to avoid saying there's community transfers

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a musing.

All those who are terrified, how many smoke?  How many have made a concerted effort to lose weight and get more physically fit since this all kicked off?

People need to take some responsibility for themselves and our politicians should be leading by example and encouraging others to do the same.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, finlo said:

This week, beg's the question how were they allowed a berth?

I was thinking the exact same thing

Surely the DOI would just advise them to turn back or at the very least ensure they were aware of the requirements if they did allow them to come in for some safety reason

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Uk having gone from circa 1000 new cases a day to over 33000 today, is a good enough reason. They have not declared how many dead yet, but yesterday was 595 comp area to figures sometimes in the teens a few weeks ago. 

How many have symptoms?

70,000 more tests today than the last 7 day average of 307k.  Cant be arsed with a calculator but in my head that's about 23% increase in testing

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

Touché Doctor....well, sort of, of the millions who have caught/had the virus not that many, in comparison, have died or had a severe reaction...I'll leave that right there.

You can leave it where you like. You stated it wasn’t much of a virus if you had to test to know you’d got it. I offered a counterexample to disprove your assertion. Never said anything about comparative death rates. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, trmpton said:

How many have symptoms?

70,000 more tests today than the last 7 day average of 307k.  Cant be arsed with a calculator but in my head that's about 23% increase in testing

Isn't it over over there? As anyone with any intelligence knows?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wrighty said:

You can leave it where you like. You stated it wasn’t much of a virus if you had to test to know you’d got it. I offered a counterexample to disprove your assertion. Never said anything about comparative death rates. 

Good for you sport...you're w..right and I'm not lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...