IOM Covid removing restrictions

3 hours ago, BenFairfax said:

Comes under 'failure to advice', where have threshold as ever of 'standard expected of a competent medical professional'. In UK that would mean BMA/NICE or similar guidelines. Which reminds me BMA/NICE require PPE used in all clinic settings were social distancing cannot be maintained which as far as I know is not happening even for high-risk groups at Nobles.

Not sure it’s the responsibility of the surgeon or other clinician to advise about risk of transmission of Covid in hospital. The trust clearly has a duty to ensure cleanliness and infection control.

Nobles is in a very different situation to Liverpool Royal, Walton, Clatterbridge, Heart & Chest etc. If you’re told, in IOM that if you don’t travel off island that nobles can’t treat you/operate for your condition, and that death is more likely than not, but an air ambulance across will result in successful treatment at a 95% level, a risk of Covid at 10% and a risk of death from the comorbidities, if you catch Covid, of 10% then I’d go.

Proving negligence for exposure to Covid is going to be very difficult. There are to many variables, plane, taxi, airport, before you get to the hospital in Liverpool

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can you guys start a separate thread titled "Jersey is ace - oh no it isn't" and leave this one to a discussion on IOM and the coronavirus?

It's a safe place right now because of the Manx people, not the Manx politicians. None of us want to be "the person who brought it back" so we isolate and make sure we don't transmit the virus by bein

Ratio of admissions to deaths is not that different, testing is obviously out due to the massive capacity increase like just about everywhere in the world.    The current UK situation is impact

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Lxxx said:

We live on a relatively Covid-free island and even an uptick in cases is manageable, there's nothing wrong with this scene. Stop scaremongering.

This, and in your previous post you were telling me we should be making plans to ease border restrictions. Which side of the discussion do you sit? 

I want borders eased. However, as things continue to worsen everywhere else, I see no mileage in planning for anything but mass vaccination asap! 

• Confused 1
5 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

I imagine the common travel area rules would apply in that area but it does not need governments to require it just the travel providers.

I am curious though if the most vociferous on here for more freedom to travel are prepared to have the jab or not.

I’ve just had an English NHS letter reminding me I’m extremely clinically vulnerable, to add to the ones I got in April/May from Royal, Clatterbridge, Nobles and GP. 

Odd they spent the previous two years telling me my immune system was back to normal.

im assuming I’ll be one of the first to be offered it. And yes, I’ll have it.

5 minutes ago, Cambon said:

This, and in your previous post you were telling me we should be making plans to ease border restrictions. Which side of the discussion do you sit? 

I want borders eased. However, as things continue to worsen everywhere else, I see no mileage in planning for anything but mass vaccination asap! 

And why would mass vaccination be the answer? Bearing in mind the figures coming out from the UK Vaccine Task Force that they would only likely be 50% effective in reality, regardless of the PR the drug companies tell us. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’ve just had an English NHS letter reminding me I’m extremely clinically vulnerable, to add to the ones I got in April/May from Royal, Clatterbridge, Nobles and GP. 

Odd they spent the previous two years telling me my immune system was back to normal.

im assuming I’ll be one of the first to be offered it. And yes, I’ll have it.

Out of curiosity John, As you are traveling  in the new year after we have left the EU so may know,  have the EU  introduced their ESTA/Visa waiver equivalent  requirement that was going to introduced sometime in 2020/21 for non EU visitors?

2 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

And why would mass vaccination be the answer? Bearing in mind the figures coming out from the UK Vaccine Task Force that they would only likely be 50% effective in reality, regardless of the PR the drug companies tell us. 

Mass vaccination of the vulnerable and Karen's will set their minds at ease. 

The vaccine should be voluntary/ optional. However, rather than any mamby pamby legislation, they should just say "If you don't want covid-19, have the vaccine. 

50%? Optimistic, I would say.

28 minutes ago, Banker said:

Nothing to worry about. These cases are all linked to the wuhan cluster.

• Haha 6
1 minute ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Out of curiosity John, As you are traveling  in the new year after we have left the EU so may know,  have the EU  introduced their ESTA/Visa waiver equivalent  requirement that was going to introduced sometime in 2020/21 for non EU visitors?

I’m travelling before Xmas, will be there, if I go, on 31/12 & 1/1. Current advice is that it’s OK as tourist from UK. But I’ve just renewed my international driving permit, got green cards, veterinary certificates and rabies antibody certificates for the dogs.

So now carrying lots of extra documents than normal to cover both late December situation and 1st January on.

My next booked trip is intended to be via Dublin Rosslare and Bilbao, in April. That may be interesting.

Just now, Cambon said:

The vaccine should be voluntary/ optional. However, rather than any mamby pamby legislation, they should just say "If you don't want covid-19, have the vaccine. 

Fair point. From a PR point of view it would give them some basis to open the borders if the vocal minority thought there was a magic bullet and quietened their hysteria so we could get on with trying to kick start a functioning economy again.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Will you and your buddy @Bankerbe taking the vaccine when offered or just expect others to have it?

I can see it being a requirement for entry into many countries for quite a few months/years rather like the current negative test regime.

If it is a legal requirement yes, if not, no.

16 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Where does you science come from? Are you an immunologist?

Just now, Banker said:

Hancock in briefing says vaccine could be licensed shortly for NHS and roll out commencing December. 
Ashie will release our plan after Xmas 😀

Think they are hoping to start vaccinating mid-Dec and run 7 days a week.

It’s not going to take long to have our at risk groups jabbed leaving the rest of us some lifestyle choices.

We still need a border testing regime & follow up testing in addition to isolation rules.

• Like 3