Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

Yes, it’s conform or lose your basic freedoms to travel & exist.

There is no middle ground.

So, have you had a vaccine to prevent you getting the Spanish flu, which was a hell of a lot worse than this, and is still out there? 

No..

Are they even trying to create a vaccine against it?

No. 

The point is, this virus will lean to survive with us in a couple years time. In the meantime, those at risk need to be protected. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Cambon said:

So, have you had a vaccine to prevent you getting the Spanish flu, which was a hell of a lot worse than this, and is still out there? 

No..

Are they even trying to create a vaccine against it?

No. 

The point is, this virus will lean to survive with us in a couple years time. In the meantime, those at risk need to be protected. 

So you’re saying Spanish flu is circulating and no one is immune, have you reported this to WHO as maybe news to them😂

Edited by Banker
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cambon said:

So, have you had a vaccine to prevent you getting the Spanish flu, which was a hell of a lot worse than this, and is still out there? 

No..

Are they even trying to create a vaccine against it?

No. 

The point is, this virus will lean to survive with us in a couple years time. In the meantime, those at risk need to be protected. 

Last known outbreak was April 1920, either immunity had grown to sufficient levels to stop spread ( 500 million out of total word population of 1,500 million infected in two years ) or it had mutated to be less infectious and dangerous. More likely to be a combination.

What would anyone be vaccinated against a non existent flu? And if it did come back then the flu vaccine, which is changed annually to make it effective against the flu types most widely circulating, would be changed to include it.

When was the last outbreak reported? Where? in what circumstances?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Banker said:

Is there a reason we can’t use the rapid testing described below being used in UK to try & ease travel restrictions?

Tier-three areas will be eligible for rapid or "lateral flow" coronavirus tests - which give results in about 20 minutes without the need for a lab - to help bring down infections and reduce restrictions

 

 

 

The lateral flow tests aren't nearly as accurate are they? They might be good enough for a 'you've definitely got it, you're not getting on the boat', but not for allowing people out and about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

The lateral flow tests aren't nearly as accurate are they? They might be good enough for a 'you've definitely got it, you're not getting on the boat', but not for allowing people out and about.

I don’t know how accurate they are hence question, UK are also using to test close call contacts of positive people so they don’t need to isolate.

these tests do seem to be driving down rates in areas like Liverpool 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John Wright said:

Last known outbreak was April 1920, either immunity had grown to sufficient levels to stop spread ( 500 million out of total word population of 1,500 million infected in two years ) or it had mutated to be less infectious and dangerous. More likely to be a combination.

What would anyone be vaccinated against a non existent flu? And if it did come back then the flu vaccine, which is changed annually to make it effective against the flu types most widely circulating, would be changed to include it.

When was the last outbreak reported? Where? in what circumstances?

This I should exactly my point. In roughly two years the Spanish flu basically died out without a vaccine. This will do the same. However, we may have the opportunity to vaccinate the most vulnerable very soon. There is no point in vaccinating everyone. 

Mandatory vaccination of everyone is totally unnecessary. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely fantastic tactics from Quayle and Ashford at today’s briefing. They literally made the Director of Public Health stand there and answer questions with Ashford literally buggering off and leaving her on the podium in a very uncomfortable way. Looks like they’re fed up of her getting an easy ride for her £100k plus a year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Banker said:

I don’t know how accurate they are hence question, UK are also using to test close call contacts of positive people so they don’t need to isolate.

these tests do seem to be driving down rates in areas like Liverpool 

You have to be very high viral load for these to test positive (technical term: riddled with it). They're a poor alternative to PCR testing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Banker said:

Howie saying you can get private COVID test for travel purposes here via 111 and cost is £ 50 so one bit of good news .

Also borders can’t stay closed indefinitely and he will review after he has Xmas with his family!

The thing that's going to be interesting is how many of the private COVID test certificates from the hospital will be valid at various borders around the world. Most of the countries (as far as I can tell) want to see that the lab is ISO accredited on the certificate. 

Edited by rachomics
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

great that you can (potentially) get a piece of paper to wave upon entry to another country, however the 14 day isolation on return prohibits me from going anywhere

 

(when i melt i go whether i want to or not)

Edited by snowman
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cambon said:

This I should exactly my point. In roughly two years the Spanish flu basically died out without a vaccine. This will do the same. However, we may have the opportunity to vaccinate the most vulnerable very soon. There is no point in vaccinating everyone. 

Mandatory vaccination of everyone is totally unnecessary. 

Not buying your reinterpretation of what you say you said. What does “it’s still out there” mean in relation to Spanish flu?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, rachomics said:

The thing that's going to be interesting is how many of the private COVID test certificates from the hospital will be valid at various borders around the world. Most of the countries (as far as I can tell) want to see that the lab is ISO accredited on the certificate. 

That was my initial reaction

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...