Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

There will always be those who test the rules and probably the same ones that scream infringement of their ‘human rights’ in defiance of being told what to do

B&Q has signs yesterday saying masks were mandatory but there were people inside without masks. 
 

Refusing service is easy to say but not so easy to enforce 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

Just now, horatiotheturd said:

Can you think of anywhere 

All my vehicles do a few hundred miles on a tank and the island is tiny.

With the exception of possibly a delivery driver I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't be able to run a few days without bothering a petrol station when we aren't meant to be going out.

Bit of planing ahead surely

Perhaps he avoided all the panic buying nonsense that occurred once lockdown was announced/imminent?

I went to the petrol station yesterday which is also my closest local convenience for a pint of milk and it was completely sold out, even the red stuff that I only buy as a last resort, I went this morning and got some instead, I also tried to sign up to deliveries from the creamery but they aren’t allowing new accounts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Like I say.  300 plus miles in twelve hours is seriously good going on the Isle of Man

 

Well done

I've got about 30 miles left in my petrol tank. I need to deliver stuff to vulnerable relatives. I've been working solidly since the lockdown announcement and haven't had time to go to a petrol station. Further, everyone rushing the petrol station right before lockdown is certainly more advantageous for the virus than people doing it more spread out after lockdown has started.

If you would prefer I didn't go to a petrol station in the next few days you could always be a dear and siphon some out of one of your vehicles for me.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

Perhaps he avoided all the panic buying nonsense that occurred once lockdown was announced/imminent?

I went to the petrol station yesterday which is also my closest local convenience for a pint of milk and it was completely sold out, even the red stuff that I only buy as a last resort, I went this morning and got some instead, I also tried to sign up to deliveries from the creamery but they aren’t allowing new accounts.

OK.  Controversial possibly but given the advice we have all clearly been given why on earth would you leave the house to interact with other people and get a pint of milk?

Not being an arse, I genuinely don't get it.

We will leave the house when there is nothing else left to eat or drink.  Given the amount of cheese an biscuits left that will be at least a week

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

B&Q has signs yesterday saying masks were mandatory but there were people inside without masks. 
 

Refusing service is easy to say but not so easy to enforce 

That’s a question you need to raise with the the store manager, but as you’ve pointed out confronting people without masks normally leads to a higher risk of exposure, hence we ultimately rely on people to use common sense and have signs up asking them to think of others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

Controversial possibly but given the advice we have all clearly been given why on earth would you leave the house to interact with other people and get a pint of milk?

...but you advocate for having done it right after lockdown was announced, when everyone will have been panic-rushing to the shops/garages? Coronavirus doesn't know whether it's a lockdown or not. The risk was almost certainly greater rushing to get petrol before lockdown started than it would be getting it now.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Like I say.  300 plus miles in twelve hours is seriously good going on the Isle of Man

 

Well done

Listen you idiot , obviously a civil servant!! Nearly empty tank, return trip to port Erin & Onchan possibly twice next few days. FFS hot to justify petrol usage now!!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

...but you advocate for having done it right after lockdown was announced, when everyone will have been panic-rushing to the shops/garages? Coronavirus doesn't know whether it's a lockdown or not. The risk was almost certainly greater rushing to get petrol before lockdown started than it would be getting it now.

Nope.  Didn't advocate anything.

Its been cold lately and a risk of getting stuck places so keep your tank topped up, basic common sense.

I haven't been in a shop for over a week and won't be for another week.  I just simply don't get the obsession or need to be "popping to the shop" all the time, especially given we have been asked to stay at home if possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

OK.  Controversial possibly but given the advice we have all clearly been given why on earth would you leave the house to interact with other people and get a pint of milk?

Not being an arse, I genuinely don't get it.

I only buy what I use, 2 pints lasts me a week, but I couldn’t buy any 2 pints as there was none left. As for risk, contact is minimal, I walked in, picked up the milk, went to the counter had the correct change in my pocket, which I placed on the counter, had a quick spray of antibac gel and I was out in under a minute.

I suppose everyone calculates their own risk, I didn’t feel this was risky, it’s the only place I’ll be going all week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Listen you idiot , obviously a civil servant!! Nearly empty tank, return trip to port Erin & Onchan possibly twice next few days. FFS hot to justify petrol usage now!!

Civil servant lol.

Self employed for many years thanks and currently stuck at home unable to earn a penny 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, horatiotheturd said:

Nope.  Didn't advocate anything.

Its been cold lately and a risk of getting stuck places so keep your tank topped up, basic common sense.

I haven't been in a shop for over a week and won't be for another week.  I just simply don't get the obsession or need to be "popping to the shop" all the time, especially given we have been asked to stay at home if possible.

What use is petrol if your car is stuck? :)

As you mentioned, the island is small. Running the tank down to ~30miles or so isn't exactly irresponsible, I don't think it's physically possible to be more than about 10 miles from a petrol station.

I'm all for risk avoidance, but getting petrol and milk from a garage over the next 3 weeks is so minor a risk as to be irrelevant.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Annoymouse said:

I only buy what I use, 2 pints lasts me a week, but I couldn’t buy any 2 pints as there was none left. As for risk, contact is minimal, I walked in, picked up the milk, went to the counter had the correct change in my pocket, which I placed on the counter, had a quick spray of antibac gel and I was out in under a minute.

I suppose everyone calculates their own risk, I didn’t feel this was risky, it’s the only place I’ll be going all week.

Not risky to you.  Also not in line with the spirit of the announcement on Tuesday in my opinion.

Anyway, we are all different.  I just thinknif people minimised trips out and wore mask when recommend we are more likely to all be back to normal quickly.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

What use is petrol if your car is stuck? :)

As you mentioned, the island is small. Running the tank down to ~30miles or so isn't exactly irresponsible, I don't think it's physically possible to be more than about 10 miles from a petrol station.

I'm all for risk avoidance, but getting petrol and milk from a garage over the next 3 weeks is so minor a risk as to be irrelevant.

Well, if I was stuck somewhere I would rather be able to sit it out in a warm car with the engine running.

No right or wrong, I just don't get incessant trips out to do stuff.  Just stay at home unless going to work for a couple of weeks.  Its not hard

Edited by horatiotheturd
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

What use is petrol if your car is stuck? :)

As you mentioned, the island is small. Running the tank down to ~30miles or so isn't exactly irresponsible, I don't think it's physically possible to be more than about 10 miles from a petrol station.

I'm all for risk avoidance, but getting petrol and milk from a garage over the next 3 weeks is so minor a risk as to be irrelevant.

I don't tend to like going below halfway, but that's from the sticker shock of brimming a 90 litre tank.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...