IOM Covid removing restrictions

Just now, horatiotheturd said:

Just stay at home unless going to work for a couple of weeks.  Its not hard

I'm staying at home aside from taking food to shielding relatives. Which will involve getting petrol at some point.

• Replies 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

Not risky to you.  Also not in line with the spirit of the announcement on Tuesday in my opinion.

Anyway, we are all different.  I just thinknif people minimised trips out and wore mask when recommend we are more likely to all be back to normal quickly.

Please blame the panic buying dickheads that stopped me from buying milk while I was topping up with petrol before lockdown then. I didn’t get any bread either but that wasn’t a big issue as I always have a few packs of those part baked rolls from shoprite in the cupboard which last about 3 months.

8 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I went out for a walk in Ramsey today and there weren't many people about, and people seemed to be taking it seriously. Everyone making a good effort at social distancing, the majority with some form of face covering too. Couldn't see any big queues outside the supermarkets either.

Social distancing is a natural instinct in Ramsey 😂

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Well, if I was stuck somewhere I would rather be able to sit it out in a warm car with the engine running.

No right or wrong, I just don't get incessant trips out to do stuff.  Just stay at home unless going to work for a couple of weeks.  Its not hard

Do you even read the posts before your stupid & insensitive comments. Both Helix & I stated quite clearly we are delivering essential supplies to vulnerable families plus in my case one who is isolating.

17 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Please blame the panic buying dickheads that stopped me from buying milk while I was topping up with petrol before lockdown then. I didn’t get any bread either but that wasn’t a big issue as I always have a few packs of those part baked rolls from shoprite in the cupboard which last about 3 months.

Not even a global pandemic would get me to eat those awful part cooked bread rolls

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Not even a global pandemic would get me to eat those awful part cooked bread rolls

That’s why they stay in the cupboard until I really can’t be arsed going out for just a loaf of bread, they do go ok with soup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
55 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Can you think of anywhere 

All my vehicles do a few hundred miles on a tank and the island is tiny.

With the exception of possibly a delivery driver I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't be able to run a few days without bothering a petrol station when we aren't meant to be going out.

Bit of planing ahead surely

I was low last night was going to fill up and forgot. So went and got petrol today on the way home. That should do me 2 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, wrighty said:

You’re meant to cook ‘em

Also slightly over cook them, I find 10 mins at 200 degrees, cut them open, bit of butter and then under the grill for 2 minutes to make the top crispy makes them just about edible.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, wrighty said:

You’re meant to cook ‘em

The flavour and texture of most half-baked rolls can be improved by not just "sprinkling" with water but actually running them swiftly under the tap, give them a good shake then apply a smattering of salt, both sides. Cook at a lower temp for longer. It may say 200 for 8-10mins, do 180 for 12-14.

Honest.

Edited by quilp
Time
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, quilp said:

The flavour and texture of most half-baked rolls can be improved by not just "sprinkling" with water but actually running them swiftly under the tap, give them a good shake then apply a smattering of salt, both sides. Cook at a lower temp for longer. It may say 200 for 8-10mins, do 180 for 12.

Honest.

I don’t do the salt bit, but I do put them under running water and it makes a huge different.

• Thanks 1

Slice them 4 times across the top 1/3 of the way through, add half a clove of garlic, spread butter across the top and sprinkle with dried basil before they're put in t'oven.

This has absolutely nowt to do with Covid restrictions, I know. Apologies for the tasty derail...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1