Jump to content

IOM Covid removing restrictions


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

It’s the same old buggers who think Howie & Ashie are great, keep the borders closed who are continuing with their daily drives with dogs to barrule, peel, Ramsey etc.

The rest are stuck at home with kids because someone thought it’s a good idea in case we get 1/3 community cases

what happened to the great plan they set out? None of this shit should be happening without a lot more cases

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Banker said:

Same around here plus a few of our teacher friends off for cycle ride on full pay, they were in yesterday so maybe it's alternate days instead of nothing like last time!

Surely every time a salaried employee goes for a bike ride/to the shop/to the toilet it is on full pay?  Maybe they fancied a bit of fresh air during daylight whilst non-contact with kids, I don’t think most reasonable people would have a problem with that.  A bit like working on Athol Street (private sector where everyone works super hard and is highly productive due to the constant threat of dismissal) and nipping out for a fag three times a day?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

Wonder when the article was written? clearly states it was before the new positive cases/lockdown, such a shame they didn’t take charge a few weeks earlier and avoid this lock down.

"Dr Glover spoke to Gef after the announcement of new cases of Covid on New Year’s Eve but before the second lockdown and further cases were announced".  Probably over the weekend as it doesn't mention the Ramsey case.  Sam Turton works for IOM Newspapers, so it's interesting that this was published on Gef rather than there.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Meoir Shee said:

Surely every time a salaried employee goes for a bike ride/to the shop/to the toilet it is on full pay?  Maybe they fancied a bit of fresh air during daylight whilst non-contact with kids, I don’t think most reasonable people would have a problem with that.  A bit like working on Athol Street (private sector where everyone works super hard and is highly productive due to the constant threat of dismissal) and nipping out for a fag three times a day?

Look  taking the car out with bikes at 10.30 for 3/4 hours doesn’t constitute a quick bit of fresh air when they are supposed to be doing online teaching, my arse!!

 Nor is it staying at home to stay safe! Yes it may be having a go but when lots are being deprived of income or stuck home schooling it’s galling to see the teachers & others on full pay treating as extra holidays after their 2 weeks holiday 

Edited by Banker
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Banker said:

Look  taking the car out with bikes at 10.30 for 3/4 hours doesn’t constitute a quick bit of fresh air when they are supposed to be doing online teaching, my arse!!

Does sitting tracking the movements of teachers count as work?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Kill the elderly. Bastards.

 

24 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Bit extreme, but shouldn't be ruled out entirely.

Reminds me of a letter in the "Wipers Times" (Ypres during WW1) published as a leaflet for the troops , in the letters column the question was posed " Is it ever permissible to shoot a commanding officer?" the response ......... "Only in extenuating circumstances" :flowers:.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Banker said:

Look  taking the car out with bikes at 10.30 for 3/4 hours doesn’t constitute a quick bit of fresh air when they are supposed to be doing online teaching, my arse!!

 Nor is it staying at home to stay safe! Yes it may be having a go but when lots are being deprived of income or stuck home schooling it’s galling to see the teachers & others on full pay treating as extra holidays after their 2 weeks holiday 

I reckon it is possible that you could push on and be even more of a twat. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting for some questions to be answered:

Why have our border closure regulations had more holes than a Swiss cheese ?

Why have new residents been allowed into the Island during lockdown ?

Why have house sales and new occupancies to new residents rocketed during lockdown ?

Did Tynwald have any input into the Emergency Powers and lockdown regulations ?

Who drew them up and who's enforcing them ?

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Still waiting for some questions to be answered:

Why have our border closure regulations had more holes than a Swiss cheese ?

Why have new residents been allowed into the Island during lockdown ?

Why have house sales and new occupancies to new residents rocketed during lockdown ?

Did Tynwald have any input into the Emergency Powers and lockdown regulations ?

Who drew them up and who's enforcing them ?

 

Well 700 new residents arrived putting up house prices for locals, no record of ages, any employment was kept so strong suggestions are that they are mostly retired and will be more drain on health services. This loophole was closed 23/12

Tynwald have had no input to regulations and left to provide police to enforce with directions from cabinet office 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

"Dr Glover spoke to Gef after the announcement of new cases of Covid on New Year’s Eve but before the second lockdown and further cases were announced".  Probably over the weekend as it doesn't mention the Ramsey case.  Sam Turton works for IOM Newspapers, so it's interesting that this was published on Gef rather than there.

He's left IOM Newspapers for Gef I believe. Which is why he is publishing articles for them and asking the questions at the briefings on their behalf.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Banker said:

Well 700 new residents arrived putting up house prices for locals, no record of ages, any employment was kept so strong suggestions are that they are mostly retired and will be more drain on health services. This loophole was closed 23/12

Tynwald have had no input to regulations and left to provide police to enforce with directions from cabinet office 

Tynwald will get their say on the regulations on 19th January. The Public Health Regulations (no longer emergency provisions) are, unusually for secondary legislation, amendable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well 700 new residents arrived putting up house prices for locals, no record of ages, any employment was kept so strong suggestions are that they are mostly retired and will be more drain on health services. This loophole was closed 23/12

Tynwald have had no input to regulations and left to provide police to enforce with directions from cabinet office 

This will only be a temporary closure though, I can see a further influx once the current restrictions are relaxed.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Isle of Man TV Paul Moulton interview with Speaker of the House of Keys Juan Watterson.

"..the people of the Isle of Man know the prize that can be won". It's a good point.

We all want to get back to that normal we all enjoyed up to just  a few days ago,

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...