IOM Covid removing restrictions

See the police have posted a message asking people to stop posting photos of people with huge overfilled shopping trolleys following one posted of an individual with a trolley full of bread!’

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

1 minute ago, the stinking enigma said:

Is there an update today? I'm half expecting it to be syndicated to iom newspapers, where there will be a teaser of an update but you'll have to buy the indy to find out when

4pm with Alf telling the workers out of a job they can claim £200 per week or whatever it is

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Banker said:

See the police have posted a message asking people to stop posting photos of people with huge overfilled shopping trolleys following one posted of an individual with a trolley full of bread!’

Is that really a police matter. Its not their normal bread and butter. Maybe they are just loafing around...spreading rumours..stopping people earning an honest crust......Stop me please

• Haha 4
12 minutes ago, Max Power said:

This will only be a temporary closure though, I can see a further influx once the current restrictions are relaxed.

And it's at that point there'll be a significant housing issue. There's going to be a big divide of available and affordable properties between the different housing sectors.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Is that really a police matter. Its not their normal bread and butter. Maybe they are just loafing around...spreading rumours..stopping people earning an honest crust......Stop me please

Maybe they just like feeding the birds?

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

He might be making sarnies for a takeaway?

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

2 new cases both 1 days arrival, no community spread again so no need for lockdown!!!

If only they'd had your unsubstantiated bollocks guesswork crystal ball in advance eh?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

If only they'd had your unsubstantiated bollocks guesswork crystal ball in advance eh?

They should have waited as was set out in their very detailed expensive plan!! Still on website!

Just now, Banker said:

They should have waited as was set out in their very detailed expensive plan!! Still on website!

The plan that was written for a variant of the virus with a much lower transmissability.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
19 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

He's left IOM Newspapers for Gef I believe. Which is why he is publishing articles for them and asking the questions at the briefings on their behalf.

That explains it - though his LinkedIn still says IOM Newspapers.  Presumably it sounds better that saying you work for a PR company named after an imaginary 1930s herpestid.

• Haha 4
7 minutes ago, HeliX said:

They should have done what Brisbane have done.  Immediate lockdown when they found the first case for a few days to get an idea whats going on.

Also should have tested people on return, but Howard is in the process of blagging that one as I type

• Like 4
55 minutes ago, Banker said:

Look  taking the car out with bikes at 10.30 for 3/4 hours doesn’t constitute a quick bit of fresh air when they are supposed to be doing online teaching, my arse!!

Nor is it staying at home to stay safe! Yes it may be having a go but when lots are being deprived of income or stuck home schooling it’s galling to see the teachers & others on full pay treating as extra holidays after their 2 weeks holiday 

If it matters to you that much, maybe contact their employer or the police instead of constantly whining on here?  You seem to have a detailed log of their movements, perfectly normal behaviour.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

They should have done what Brisbane have done.  Immediate lockdown when they found the first case for a few days to get an idea whats going on.

Also should have tested people on return, but Howard is in the process of blagging that one as I type

Yep, cost of paying people to stay at home, loss to economy etc must surely outweigh the costs of extra testing.

Also . . plus what price can you put on freedom?

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 2