IOM Covid removing restrictions

30 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Well if the government didn’t advertise us as some sort of paradise Covid free  island and actively encourage people to relocate here then there is a good chance some of these positive cases wouldn’t have existed either.

They are still advertising us as an island with "over 200 flights a week" on locate.im

People saying we don't need to travel obviously have very insular and dull lives

• Like 1
  • Replies 31.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banker

• TheTeapot

• Gladys

• horatiotheturd

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, BenFairfax said:

Do have one example of this? Did not listen to detail of presentation today, but imagine Treasury would be flagging this. Anyway, great to see a Jersey fan is back and I tally up 27 deaths in Jersey from 2nd wave (zero here), so would point out need to tally any economic gains against all future economic activity of these individuals.

Speak to any decent and reputable tax advisor you know and you'll get more than one example.

The banks here won't particularly care because their head offices are in Jersey anyway.

Its not a matter of being a Jersey fan, its a fact and these economic activities over the summer have zero bearing on the current outbreak.

20 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

They are still advertising us as an island with "over 200 flights a week" on locate.im

People saying we don't need to travel obviously have very insular and dull lives

I feel that the ones who have dull and insular lives are the ones who feel the need to be forever jetting off the Island.

Maybe the next time they are getting so "claustrophobic" living on "the rock" they should go away and stay away as it is clearly not for them (that includes some so-called Manx people)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Or very happy and content lives.

• Like 2

Anyone know until what time test results are sent out , some friends had day 13 this morning and not had results.

Hopefully ok as Ewart announced only 2 day 1 positive today 

8 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Or very happy and content lives.

Assume all your friends and family live here as well then, and you don't ever need to travel for business?

Should probably broaden your horizons a bit.  The lack of travel has nearly sent me loopy.

Its a tiny rock with very little going on on it.

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Anyone know until what time test results are sent out , some friends had day 13 this morning and not had results.

Hopefully ok as Ewart announced only 2 day 1 positive today 

My Mrs got hers after 9 a couple of days ago

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

There's some interesting stuff on this twitter thread. CoMin, rob fucking callister and martyn perkins voted against more testing? Wankers.

Of course Howie & Ashie brushed over all that in presentations , perhaps a journalist could ask why on Monday 

27 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

A lot of people seem to use the word "need" when what they really mean is "want".

I'm rather skeptical about all these businesses which were going to come here and now suddenly won't because of the border restrictions. It's a middle of a global pandemic, most countries have restrictions on entry. If you think ours are strict, look at Australia or Abu Dhabi.

But no doubt there are the usual HWIs jumping up and down because they think rules should only apply to the little people and threatening to take their bat and ball home if they don't get their own way.

I also see lots of HWIs went to "Covid free" Dubai for New Years and caught it, including F1 driver Lando Norris.

2 minutes ago, tetchtyke said:

A lot of people seem to use the word "need" when what they really mean is "want".

I'm rather skeptical about all these businesses which were going to come here and now suddenly won't because of the border restrictions. It's a middle of a global pandemic, most countries have restrictions on entry. If you think ours are strict, look at Australia or Abu Dhabi.

But no doubt there are the usual HWIs jumping up and down because they think rules should only apply to the little people and threatening to take their bat and ball home if they don't get their own way.

I also see lots of HWIs went to "Covid free" Dubai for New Years and caught it, including F1 driver Lando Norris.

If we are doing need vs want.

No-one needs to leave their house this week.  Noone "needs" a pint of milk or a lot.  Noone "needs" exercise.

Yet all those who don't understand why people need to see their family seem to "need" to get out for milk or a walk

Just now, horatiotheturd said:

If we are doing need vs want.

No-one needs to leave their house this week.  Noone "needs" a pint of milk or a lot.  Noone "needs" exercise.

Yet all those who don't understand why people need to see their family seem to "need" to get out for milk or a walk

My 10yo and my parents are in the UK and I've not seen them for a year. It is unpleasant but I don't "need" to travel, which is why I haven't, even back in the summer. I am looking forward to being able to travel. I am sad I can't.

I would agree that exercise is not a need. But, in the scheme of things, a walk in the fresh air is neither here nor there in terms of risk. Food and medicine are needs though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Assume all your friends and family live here as well then, and you don't ever need to travel for business?

Should probably broaden your horizons a bit.  The lack of travel has nearly sent me loopy.

Thank you for the advice. I'm sure that some folk do require a trip off the island for, 'fun', or to see relatives.

My oldest is a director of Who in Copenhagen. One has his own business in LA. Two are in UK and one is on the island, all complete with their families. 

I have travelled to many, many other countries for pleasure and business over the years.

So, you see, your presumptions are wrong.

I am however mature, patient and realistic.

Thanks again, sorry it is all getting you down, with luck we will all be able to visit our loved ones and they will be able to visit us as soon as things improve, (hopefully).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Its been 10 months

• Like 2
  • Haha 2