Jump to content
Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Filippo

IOM Covid removing restrictions

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Golfer said:

They have just announced that a third of pilots are being made redundant so routes are being reviewed and they won’t just turn the Iom to Liverpool route  back on when Howie decides he wants it back.

the concern for all islands is loss of vital air routes for business, domestic and international tourism in and out

Sorry but the profits easyJet make on the Iom Lpl route are immense when you take into account the low overheads, especially the short time it takes. They will jump to it as soon as HQ gives the go ahead.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Even stranger when you consider that the Ramsey and Castletown branches don't seem to be similarly afflicted. Port Erin branch under question as well, isn't it?

Port Erin does not have screens. Rather than make the changes required, I reckon they will shut it down due to Castletown being so close and slightly larger. Thing is, Port Erin branch is always busy so there will be some back lash. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Golfer said:

Some of us care about the whole islands success not just themselves like you

Some of us do care about the Island, that is why we do not see the rush to destroy the current successful situation here with regard to Coronavirus. We will have to open up soon but what difference will waiting say another two months make.

You, on the other hand, seem to think everywhere is better than the Isle of Man, everyone but you is idle and lazy and you must be able to go on your vital cheap trips away exactly when you want or you will cry and stamp your feet.

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, quilp said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/allinson-fears-second-covid-wave-may-be-inevitable/

So not a question of 'if' but 'when' we will succumb to a second wave.

Is keeping the borders closed going to be of any significant advantage in the long run if it's as Allinson envisages? 

Well it could perhaps buy us the time to make sure that the hospital/health service and ICU has the capacity to cope with the expected demand without having to close anything down again and also get proper help set up for the elderly and vulnerable so  that they can stay shielded/isolated with good support whilst the virus passed through and the basically healthy at low risk just got on with their lives

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Well it could perhaps buy us the time to make sure that the hospital/health service and ICU has the capacity to cope with the expected demand without having to close anything down again and also get proper help set up for the elderly and vulnerable so  that they can stay shielded/isolated with good support whilst the virus passed through and the basically healthy at low risk just got on with their lives

They can already cope.  That was the point of lock down and ultimately they've had 4 months preparing.

The concern here will be a mass panic at the first sign of any cases which ends up with an over reaction from government. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue for me is that IOM government don't seem to have a plan for borders reopening and everyone else does, Jersey reopening, Guernsey are trying a trial with 7 days isolation, Ireland have a plan. Not everyone agrees with the others plans but they have one and in fact 69% of those surveyed in  Jersey support borders reopening.

why can't we try the 7 days isolation plan ?

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

TJ alert folks :thumbsup:

Interesting comment...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Golfer said:

The issue for me is that IOM government don't seem to have a plan for borders reopening and everyone else does, Jersey reopening, Guernsey are trying a trial with 7 days isolation, Ireland have a plan. Not everyone agrees with the others plans but they have one and in fact 69% of those surveyed in  Jersey support borders reopening.

I think they probably have a plan. They just don’t want to say what it is yet in case a load of lunatics start kicking off crapping their pants about it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, quilp said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/allinson-fears-second-covid-wave-may-be-inevitable/

So not a question of 'if' but 'when' we will succumb to a second wave.

Is keeping the borders closed going to be of any significant advantage in the long run if it's as Allinson envisages? 

Allinson is a GP. No expert on anything. Why is such importance given to what he thinks. I totally respect what the likes of Ian Wright says as he is not only a great consultant surgeon but a very smart man. There probably are a few more like him and the decisions they make are informed ones. I would go with what they say.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scotty said:

Allinson is a GP. No expert on anything. Why is such importance given to what he thinks. 

I would hazard a guess that his medical qualifications by far exceed any you might have. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

I would hazard a guess that his medical qualifications by far exceed any you might have. 

He remains a GP. Smarter men than him are calling the shots.

edit to add that in our GP practice we have a female GP who nobody wants to be seen by. Lovely lady, but just does not cut the mustard. GPs should have no say in how we control pandemics or even colds.

Edited by Scotty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scotty said:

He remains a GP. Smarter men than him are calling the shots.

There really are some incredibly bitter and twisted people on here. As a GP he clearly grasps a significant amount of the medical issues around the current pandemic better than the rest of Tynwald put together for one. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr Newbie said:

There really are some incredibly bitter and twisted people on here. As a GP he clearly grasps a significant amount of the medical issues around the current pandemic better than the rest of Tynwald put together for one. 

Bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Bullshit.

Oh right so you think that a medically qualified GP who has operated in private practice helping people with their medical issues for decades knows less than Ashford (a trainee accountant), or Quayle (a farmer) on Covid issues? I’d love to hear your twisted theory on this one. 

Edited by Mr Newbie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...