IOM Covid removing restrictions

4 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

After today’s briefing I’m increasingly concerned that Dr. Ewart, rather than being an independent, reliable and well-informed voice of clear and comprehensive advice and information to the public, is becoming, or more disturbingly has become, simply a mouthpiece for Quayle’s view of the situation. I want more confidence in the Island’s Director of Public Health than I presently have.

Sad to say, I'm minded to agree.

• Like 4
  • Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK. For what it's worth I'm going to try and explain why genomics is important in a ssRNA virus epidemic. No doubt it will end up being recited badly at a briefing, but, well, whatever. You read it he

Rachel has tried every which way to re-offer her services. This last tweet wasn't the first time she's reached out. Government has made it very clear they do not want her to be involved. I want h

I think you'll find most so called anti-government rhetoric is focused on government-stupidity and government-selfishness. In recent times - under Brown, Bell and now Quayle - all too many govern

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

After today’s briefing I’m increasingly concerned that Dr. Ewart, rather than being an independent, reliable and well-informed voice of clear and comprehensive advice and information to the public, is becoming, or more disturbingly has become, simply a mouthpiece for Quayle’s view of the situation. I want more confidence in the Island’s Director of Public Health than I presently have.

The director of Public Health sits in the Cabinet Office ie works under CM, not DHSC, don't forget..

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

That's actually another thing that needs sorting out - are they testing cases to see if they are clear of the virus and continuing isolation if not?  Or are they just assuming that they are automatically clear after first reported symptoms as they did in the Spring.

I thought they said the ones in isolation who had been tested would remain in isolation and be monitored for the 14 days period, no retesting unless symptoms 

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Seems clear.

Was clear anyway.

Shame so many here seemed desperate to argue it wasn't the case

Screenshot_20210111-172543_Facebook.jpg

Clear but golf courses still open for single play and fishing and I know of several going upto Ramsey from Douglas to play golf & to peel to fish. 

9 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

When might we hear the views of the other members of our esteemed, spineless, speechless elected? But then I suppose we don't hear much from some of them ever. What a bunch of pointless, useless ineffective people. IMO

Not a peep.  The only person who is speaking out is Dr Glover and Bonzo bloody Slater who no-one takes seriously.

Not one person in government standing up to say enough, this isn't good enough.

It's like a polarised Trump situation (hear me out).  Doing his own thing for years and the only people standing up to him are shown the door (Dr G for example). Everyone has to toe the line including Dr Ewart now and that is an extremely unhealthy situation.

This could end up really dangerous for us here, and we've got someone in charge who doesn't understand, doesn't listen, doesn't work as a team member and has dreadful taste in shirts and ties.

The situation is not helped by the thousands of people who can't think past a Facebook post who think , 'Carry on IOM government, you're all doing very very well.

Just wait.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, Banker said:

golf courses still open for single play and fishing and I know of several going upto Ramsey from Douglas to play golf & to peel to fish. 

Hoorah!

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

No chance, it’s a personality type I’ve dealt with many times before, they aren’t stupid infact I’m willing to bet it’s quite the opposite they’ll have a very high IQ, their weakness is a strong distrust of others, particularly those who appear uneducated.

A man/woman after my own heart.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Banker said:

I thought they said the ones in isolation who had been tested would remain in isolation and be monitored for the 14 days period, no retesting unless symptoms 

Certainly as late as last week those who were traced and considered ‘low risk’ were originally told to self isolate as a precaution and were allowed to leave self isolation upon receiving a negative test.

I’ve absolutely no idea what the current advice is as nobody in my circle has required a test this week.

50 minutes ago, Banker said:

That would make sense but I would think it’s a question of resources, they only have so many testers and to start sending them around the island to do tests would be extremely difficult 

I know a tester in England. They are given a number of tests to do the following day and drive themselves to each one and carry out the test on the doorstep. It works well. Roads are relatively quiet and if the addresses are nearby it's bingo for everyone.