Northern Civic Amenity Site

Last Ten

18 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

I had a slot booked this morning. In and out within 10 mins, it was great, especially after seeing the photos of the queues in Douglas.

The system works a treat.

This can’t be accurate. Manx Forums said it was definitely going to be shit. 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

I don't disagree with that statement generally but in this case I think it's a bit misplaced?

The whole Covid thing has shut down a lot of functions and now they're gradually re-opening it's on a bit of a staged approach, everyone's feeling their way

But if one amenity site decides to operate with rigorous restrictions when the others don't, it's bound to divert people from the catchment area of the former to drop their rubbish off at the others.  If there had been some sort of coordinated policy that would be fine, but there wasn't.  Arguably it's made worse by some parishes in the North only having collections every fortnight.

23 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But if one amenity site decides to operate with rigorous restrictions when the others don't, it's bound to divert people from the catchment area of the former to drop their rubbish off at the others.  If there had been some sort of coordinated policy that would be fine, but there wasn't.  Arguably it's made worse by some parishes in the North only having collections every fortnight.

There's load of slots available. I've used 2 in the space of 2 days and you can book up to 2 weeks in advance. Even if I didn't get a slot I'd never have thought. oh I'll drive all the way to the Southern tip and sit for 2 hours, I'd have just waited and booked another day oop north. 

Screenshot-2020-04-27-at-13-58-24.png

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, bankerboy said:

Are they taking bottles yet? - I, er, seem to have built up quite a collection

Allegedly the recycling bins dotted around the island in various carparks are open again, but I haven't personally tested that myself.

6 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

There's load of slots available. I've used 2 in the space of 2 days and you can book up to 2 weeks in advance. Even if I didn't get a slot I'd never have thought. oh I'll drive all the way to the Southern tip and sit for 2 hours, I'd have just waited and booked another day oop north. 

Screenshot-2020-04-27-at-13-58-24.png

you take your reasonable stance based on facts and fuck right off, this is Manx Forums and that sort of attitude has no place here miladdo

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

• 2 weeks later...