Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Golfer

B&Q reopen date?

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, ecobob said:

I'm in desperate need of half a bag of cement.  Or even a third of a bag. Still can't leave the house tho. Do any of you chaps know somewhere that might deliver me enough to get my back passage finished?  I have sand, I have Manx stone, I just need something to stick it together a bit. 

Northern Fuels facebook page mentioned they had some.Don’t know about delivery.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel I have been waiting a lifetime for B&Q! A LOT of other stores in UK are open according to website!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 4:35 PM, GillR said:

Feel I have been waiting a lifetime for B&Q! A LOT of other stores in UK are open according to website!!

We are not in the UK. The UK decides what is best for itself, as does the Isle of Man.

The Isle of Man decides when the opening of B&Q is in the needs of the island.

Your personal needs are not a priority for Island life.

The Island existed quite sucessfully before B&Q arrived and will also do so if it decides to leave.

Find an alternative source for your purchases or move to area in the UK which is has an open B&Q store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Cornwall has an open B&Q - just who would know that?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's opening tomorrow.  I predict pandemonium on the roads.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, squelch said:

The Island existed quite sucessfully before B&Q arrived and will also do so if it decides to leave

It didn’t really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ecobob said:

It's opening tomorrow.  I predict pandemonium on the roads.

 

If it is, it's sad. Overpriced, low grade tat. You get better quality materials online or from your local builder's merchant, timber in particular, for less wonga, because B&Q aren't cheap by any measure. Sorry, not a fan.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, finlo said:

It's somewhere to go on a "Manx" day out!

If it's got to that stage then it's sadder than I'd even imagined :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

If it's got to that stage then it's sadder than I'd even imagined :lol:

Sadly it has for many years:wacko:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, squelch said:

We are not in the UK. The UK decides what is best for itself, as does the Isle of Man.

The Isle of Man decides when the opening of B&Q is in the needs of the island.

As I have been wearily pointing out on here for weeks, B&Q could have opened on the Island at any time because Builders Merchants and hardware stores were always allowed to open.  If it has been shut, then that is because B&Q management in the UK decided that it should.  It has nothing to do with the Isle of Man government.

If it is opening tomorrow that is because the UK has restarted its building trade and this means that it is worthwhile for the company to rev up its supply chain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

If it is, it's sad. Overpriced, low grade tat. You get better quality materials online or from your local builder's merchant, timber in particular, for less wonga, because B&Q aren't cheap by any measure. Sorry, not a fan.

I agree; but the one thing that they do a million times better than builders merchants is customer service.

I'm a fairly handy DIY'er and will tackle most jobs but a few times in various builders merchants I've been made to feel like an idiot because I need a bit of help identifying exactly what it is that I want; there's one place that I now boycott (and encourage others to do so) due to the way they treated my wife a few years ago. I want to be able to have a good browse and know how much something is going to cost me before I'm presented with the bill.

The exception (in my experience) being Haldanes who've always been very helpful with the lads on the desk happy to spend time going through my requirements; I still wish they'd put bloody price tags on though.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

I agree; but the one thing that they do a million times better than builders merchants is customer service.

I'm a fairly handy DIY'er and will tackle most jobs but a few times in various builders merchants I've been made to feel like an idiot because I need a bit of help identifying exactly what it is that I want; there's one place that I now boycott (and encourage others to do so) due to the way they treated my wife a few years ago. I want to be able to have a good browse and know how much something is going to cost me before I'm presented with the bill.

The exception (in my experience) being Haldanes who've always been very helpful with the lads on the desk happy to spend time going through my requirements; I still wish they'd put bloody price tags on though.

Agreed, their customer service is brilliant, hence why I’m waiting to use them - big chain or not. Hard to support local when some merchants are such tossers... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ecobob said:

It's opening tomorrow.  I predict pandemonium on the roads.

 

That'll be nothing, wait till the Peel road burger bar opens again for drive thru.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

That'll be nothing, wait till the Peel road burger bar opens again for drive thru.

There are rumours that it might happen soon ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...