Politicians are opting out of wage increases

7 minutes ago, Grayson said:

It’s easy to make assumptions I suppose. A further one of mine would be that few people would / will be willing to sign that petition in their own name as they know exactly what will happen the way the IOM works. That’s why this forum seems to be full of anonymous whingers berating government for absolutely anything but the minute people have to put their real names to anything it’s clearly a different matter hence back to your original reply.

Government will just carry on regardless. Ironically spending all the money you gave them on pay rises and other uplifts for themselves. 

If you were to re-write that petition with atrocious spelling and grammar and posted it on FB, it would be innundated with signees.

• Like 2
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are talking here about a bunch of self-centered shysters who voted to make the disabled pay for their parking whilst retaining free parking for themselves. Tells you all you need to know abo

Thanks Rob

Henderson, odds on.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

You are talking here about a bunch of self-centered shysters who voted to make the disabled pay for their parking whilst retaining free parking for themselves.

Tells you all you need to know about the "honourable" members...

No honour amongst thieves..... 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, pongo said:

Why only politicians? How about everyone takes a pay cut?

Plenty have without having a say in it. I have no objections to high-profile individuals leading by example for those who haven't had a cut.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, pongo said:

Why only politicians? How about everyone takes a pay cut?

I’ve taken an involuntary 100% pay cut due to Covid-19. I’d be delighted if a good percentage of the public sector and politicians want to match me for solidarity reasons as I still haven’t received any form of compensation for not working from government itself. Not unreasonable I’d say as my taxes have hitherto been paying their wages for the last 20 years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

I’ve taken a 100% cut. Is that okay with you?

Pfft!  Call that a pay cut? Back int my day lad,they was REAL paycuts tha knaa's. Mother used to go in't the bins for t'ingredients to make a Marmite substitute then spread it on't bits of damp cardboard from the cat litter tray for sandwiches,but...we were 'appy.

Edited by PaulJ
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, P.K. said:

You are talking here about a bunch of self-centered shysters who voted to make the disabled pay for their parking whilst retaining free parking for themselves.

Tells you all you need to know about the "honourable" members...

I think your wrong on this.

Your namesake might have, but todays MHK's, MLC's and Tynwald office I believe have to pay for Parking.

2 minutes ago, Holte End said:

I think your wrong on this.

Your namesake might have, but todays MHK's, MLC's and Tynwald office I believe have to pay for Parking.

Since when?

Okay so they pay for there car parking. But get a allowance for expenses . That's not accountable so it seems to me in effect they pay but get it back through a inflated expense account. Bottom line they don't pay for parking !! 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Okay so they pay for there car parking. But get a allowance for expenses . That's not accountable so it seems to me in effect they pay but get it back through a inflated expense account. Bottom line they don't pay for parking !! 

They were always going to weedle their way out of paying for parking one way or another. Tell the public that they're now paying for parking. Feign some empathy with the plebs.

Don't tell the public that it's claimable on exes. Classic.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PaulJ said:

Pfft!  Call that a pay cut? Back int my day lad,they was REAL paycuts tha knaa's. Mother used to go in't the bins for t'ingredients to make a Marmite substitute then spread it on't bits of damp cardboard from the cat litter tray for sandwiches,but...we were 'appy.

Of course we ‘ad it tough...

• Like 1