Politicians are opting out of wage increases

Billy-bob continues his form tradition then.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are talking here about a bunch of self-centered shysters who voted to make the disabled pay for their parking whilst retaining free parking for themselves. Tells you all you need to know abo

Thanks Rob

Henderson, odds on.

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, GillR said:

Henderson, Robertshaw and August-Hanson are the only ones taking the money.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=54247&headline=Post Office vice-chairman resigns: 'I cannot in good faith support the board further'&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2020

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mlc-hopes-to-provide-more-scrutiny/

Maybe she's just waiting for Howard to give her a job where she doesn't have to think too much and can last more than 20 months

Edited by PaulJ
  • Haha 1

Bless her, not the sharpest tool in the box I must say... runs from everything and tries to disguise it as being ‘moral’ or ‘upstanding’... always making herself look silly

• Like 1

No doubt Chris Robertshaw will be on here soon explaining why he took the payrise - I'll fetch the popcorn...

• Thanks 2
19 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

No doubt Chris Robertshaw will be on here soon explaining why he took the payrise - I'll fetch the popcorn...

You'll need more than popcorn to stay awake when he drones on

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

He’s already attempted an explanation on that article... It’s not a bad one either ha! 

2 hours ago, Neil Down said:

To boost retirement pension?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, GillR said:

Bless her, not the sharpest tool in the box I must say... runs from everything and tries to disguise it as being ‘moral’ or ‘upstanding’... always making herself look silly

Having had to deal with her in a professional capacity - I am not in the least surprised (She is astonishingly self entitled so is probably asking can she have everyone else's too)  

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Golfer said:

Anyone heard hendersons reasons for keeping large pay rise?

At the recent Positive Action Group MLC question times event, Bill Henderson was asked about the pending pay rise.

He was extremely magnanimous in saying that he would accept whatever the committee (or whoever/whatever it is) who are looking into it recommend. Saying this of course knowing full well they would nod it through. And as if he had a choice (although actually he does - he could just say no).

Anyway, and importantly, I think this politicians' pay-rise thing is just small beer. After 'all this' there will be the elephant in the room task of addressing such high pay and conditions to civil servants (including pensions). 

I would expect dramatic changes as more and more people are going to rely on dole. It won't look pretty seeing 1000s receiving many £100s a week on the Government gravy train. Especially of course when there is nothing particularly to spend it all on. Forget skiing and cruises, and of course the Manx civil servants' speciality of stashing their cash in a second home in sunnier climes - that's going to be just a bit of a dream.

They should try spending their money locally.

The Island could be awash with cash. 

Edited by gettafa
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, gettafa said:

He was extremely magnanimous in saying that he would accept whatever the committee (or whoever/whatever it is) who are looking into it recommend.

And is clearly going to do so.

Where is the leadership? The empathy with the electorate? The example setting?

It barely exists within IoM Govt and their masters, the CS. Yes, that way round.

It's just a grab as much as you can and look after yourself culture. Even, presumably, if it means borrowing £250M to carry on funding it. The serfs can pay it back.

Vomit-inducing, Henderson.

• Sad 1
29 minutes ago, gettafa said:

At the recent Positive Action Group MLC question times event, Bill Henderson was asked about the pending pay rise.

He was extremely magnanimous in saying that he would accept whatever the committee (or whoever/whatever it is) who are looking into it recommend. Saying this of course knowing full well they would nod it through. And as if he had a choice (although actually he does - he could just say no).

Anyway, and importantly, I think this politicians' pay-rise thing is just small beer. After 'all this' there will be the elephant in the room task of addressing such high pay and conditions to civil servants (including pensions). 

I would expect dramatic changes as more and more people are going to rely on dole. It won't look pretty seeing 1000s receiving many £100s a week on the Government gravy train. Especially of course when there is nothing particularly to spend it all on. Forget skiing and cruises, and of course the Manx civil servants' speciality of stashing their cash in a second home in sunnier climes - that's going to be just a bit of a dream.

They should try spending their money locally.

The Island could be awash with cash. 

Nothing will change. Zero, zilch, null, nothing. End of.