Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
FDR

David Icke banned from YouTube

Truly pathetic that our "leaders" are incapable of debunking a "conspiracy theorist" with facts and instead have to resort to just deleting him off social media. I guess there must be something to what he was saying so everybody should immediately begin googling him and downloading his books and videos before they're taken down.

When you say "our 'leaders'", do you mean you think that people like Howard Quayle and Boris Johnson oversee YouTube content? I'd guess most people already know who David Icke is. When I was a kid, before the internet, eccentric elderly people would sometimes spout words of  wisdom from 'Old Moore's Almanac'. David Icke is just a bit further down the scale of unscientific made-up lunacy that people pay good money to consult. Its all fun and all, but when you start endangering your gullible followers, you have to be shut down. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

A quick search reveals the loon seems to have a lot of followers globally. I know a couple of people on-island who hang on his every word, have every publication and video and get quite heated when presented with conflicting logic and reason, they just clam up and don't wanna know. One of them, so convinced is he, went to an 'Icke experience' lecture which lasted 7 hours or more, became quite angry and hasn't spoken to me for years since I challenged the 'wisdom', even accused me of being "taken over" ffs!

Trying to shut ol' Dave down though plays into the very hands of conspiracists, same with the dopey ufo-nuts ('Ancient Aliens' for instance, as pointed out in another thread, has an enormous world-wide following), people just want to believe and see proof that there must be more to it all when the 'establishment elites' attempt's to silence people like Icke. Hasn't he raised another site somewhere else since? Is silencing Icke's ilk at all possible? Is there any point in increasing the "oxygen of publicity" for nut-jobs? 

Edited by quilp
Lizard fingers

3 hours ago, FDR said:

Truly pathetic that our "leaders" are incapable of debunking a "conspiracy theorist" with facts and instead have to resort to just deleting him off social media. I guess there must be something to what he was saying so everybody should immediately begin googling him and downloading his books and videos before they're taken down.

since when is YouTube our leader?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FDR said:

debunking a "conspiracy theorist" with facts .

Go take a look at the flat earth thread and see how easy it is.  Those who buy into things like the "flat earth theory" and David Icke tend to disbelieve science, evidence and facts unless it conforms to a very specific set of requirements that they set.  If it doesn't then they just ignore it or shout more loudly. 

If you want another example on these forums have a look at Manxy and the 5G thread.

Posted (edited)

I bought a David Icke book in a charity shop for 20p about twenty years ago, before I had internet access. Purely for the laughs. I normally recycle books back to the charity shop when I finish with them, but his went straight into the bin.

Edited by Zarley
punctuation
  • Haha 1

David Icke is a very unwell man, and it's quite sad.

His legions of followers, on the other hand, are idiots.

9 hours ago, SulbyStraighter said:

Icke who?

He used to present the snooker and went snooker loopy.

Not to me mistaken with with Tina Turner's ex.

14 minutes ago, prism10 said:

He used to present the snooker and went snooker loopy.

Not to me mistaken with with Tina Turner's ex.

Both nasty people though.

If he was black he would still be on....Just remember that..