Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
starcat

Abbotswood Covid19

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

What had allegedly happened to one of the owners?

It’s probably PM territory if you want to know more but allegedly failed attempt to end it all about 6 weeks ago. Not that it’s likely to curb Corrin’s accusations and Facebook witch-hunt.

edited: see post above (No Tail T). Pretty much on the nail.

Edited by Mr Newbie

That is so sad, whatever happened in Abbotswood is yet to be determined and it is not for anyone to pre-judge, let alone make public accusations.  I doubt anyone that anyone there actually intended that lives would be lost or allow the infection in. 

He does like a crusade, like the one against Ray Cox.

He is a complete piece of shit. 

• Like 5

Just now, Gladys said:

He is a complete piece of shit. 

Here endeth the lesson.

But he is also used to spread other peoples dirt. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

Here endeth the lesson.

But he is also used to spread other peoples dirt. 

He also latches-on to some things that would otherwise be buried . The Abbotswood thing is  a can of worms. I have no allegiance to Vader as I was  banned 10 minutes after  joining, but he has opened up several things for debate that would have been hidden otherwise Have been hidden Abbotswood in paticular

Edited by Scotty

Having just read the article, most of that is standard contractual stuff?

Upward only rent reviews? Standard commercial lease.

'Government valuer didn't agree with the valuation' - biased, same Gov valuers that keep hiking up ground rents without making improvements on Gov freehold owned plots. Wonder what the private sector valuers estimated?

I did wonder how much care homes get valued at and found this site in UK - https://www.carehome.co.uk/for-sale/profile.cfm/id/97007661498 - half the bedrooms for 3.65million. Must be the going rate for for homes at X per room? Doesn't seem too out of kilt..

Plus I don't think £30k/mo rent is a lot to keep the residents there. Knowing some other stuff, I'm really looking forward to any final report(s) for everyone's sakes.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Having just read the article, most of that is standard contractual stuff?

Upward only rent reviews? Standard commercial lease.

'Government valuer didn't agree with the valuation' - biased, same Gov valuers that keep hiking up ground rents without making improvements on Gov freehold owned plots. Wonder what the private sector valuers estimated?

I did wonder how much care homes get valued at and found this site in UK - https://www.carehome.co.uk/for-sale/profile.cfm/id/97007661498 - half the bedrooms for 3.65million. Must be the going rate for for homes at X per room? Doesn't seem too out of kilt..

Plus I don't think £30k/mo rent is a lot to keep the residents there. Knowing some other stuff, I'm really looking forward to any final report(s) for everyone's sakes.

Will all the government's major failings re Abbotswood come out in the wash?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, finlo said:

Will all the government's major failings re Abbotswood come out in the wash?

For clarity I know people who worked at the home and many people in DHSC.

As far as I'm aware, the only party that has been reported to the police for anything suspect is DHSC so far. So I damn hope it does.

I've had stories like DHSC not giving fluids to a resident for almost 24hrs. They left a box of end of life drugs in the front porch when they left, which the home didn't have a licence to store etc

Edited by NoTailT

Was that for minor technical stuff or causing the deaths of 19 poor souls. You may be shocked when the truth emerges.

On 5/11/2020 at 9:29 PM, buncha wankas said:

Government stepped in after the fact and as an alternative to hospital admission for the residents who had the virus, does anyone know why infected residents were not received into hospital care? And chose instead to send their nurses into the home, quite bizarre action, leaving the infected in a home with uninflected.   

I would like to know when the DHSC staff entered the building, how many died there after and why the hospital had to shut down services and clean their wards In prep for Covid, after it hit the island.   Yet Abotswood were unable to do the same, the DHSC don’t seem to grasp a fully occupied building with vulnerable people should have meant Covid patients were moved to hospital. Was it because DHSC  Nobles and Community services were late activating advice, support and preparation forCovid?   Finger pointing from DHSC is not acceptable.  It will be interesting when the facts come out. 

Just now, Scotty said:

Was that for minor technical stuff or causing the deaths of 19 poor souls. You may be shocked when the truth emerges.

I think the problem is, many of us know bits. I know bits from staff who worked there and I know- probably more- from my former colleagues at DHSC. Those former colleagues weren't exactly complimentary of DHSCs handling when they took over the home.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

For clarity I know people who worked at the home and many people in DHSC.

As far as I'm aware, the only party that has been reported to the police for anything suspect is DHSC so far. So I damn hope it does.

I've had stories like DHSC not giving fluids to a resident for almost 24hrs. They left a box of end of life drugs in the front porch when they left, which the home didn't have a licence to store etc

Is it also correct that the staff sent there to work were not care staff but clerical worker's?

1 minute ago, buncha wankas said:

I would like to know when the DHSC staff entered the building, how many died there after and why the hospital had to shut down services and clean their wards In prep for Covid, after it hit the island.   Yet Abotswood were unable to do the same, the DHSC don’t seem to grasp a fully occupied building with vulnerable people should have meant Covid patients were moved to hospital. Was it because DHSC  Nobles and Community services were late activating advice, support and preparation forCovid?   Finger pointing from DHSC is not acceptable.  It will be interesting when the facts come out. 

Exactly. The DHSC mantra of 'care home residents shall be nursed to death in their setting' was Island wide not just at private homes like Abbotswood. I think they ultimately DID lead to more deaths when they took over. Avoidable deaths if the homes own staff were allowed to treat them properly.

Apparently home staff wanted to put some residents on oxygen and drips etc but DHSC refused to allow it.

2 minutes ago, finlo said:

Is it also correct that the staff sent there to work were not care staff but clerical worker's?

Not all, but many, yes. I know of one woman who is clerical that was asked to go in and work in meal times etc who had no understanding of nursing care and refused to go down there.

18 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I have no allegiance to Vader as I was  banned 10 minutes after  joining, but he has opened up several things for debate that would have been hidden otherwise Have been hidden Abbotswood in paticular

That’s strange as from some of your posts on here you sound a bit like one of the old moderators on his site. 

1 minute ago, finlo said:

Absolute shite. A senior manager from Nobles was there. How fuckin* stupid 

can people be. Think about what you have  been told. Work it out in real money , not Facebook shit.

• Confused 1