Abbotswood Covid19

starcat

2 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

What is the update on this?

Public are told people arrested over Covid situation and then DHSC manager is given a gong and promotion, indicating before any trial that DHSC have clean hands.   

Sounds like playing politics to me.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

I see in the paper, no charges. 
It would be interesting to know how much that witch hunt cost the tax payers.

Quite rightly there was an extensive investigation given the nature of what happened there and that would always be costly. As a taxpayer I would rather the circumstances be examined thoroughly and a decision reached on  the facts. It’s a price we have to be prepared to pay.

Why would you say it was a witch hunt?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Quite rightly there was an extensive investigation given the nature of what happened there and that would always be costly. As a taxpayer I would rather the circumstances be examined thoroughly and a decision reached on  the facts. It’s a price we have to be prepared to pay.

As a tax payer I would want to know why the borders were open and no DHSC pandemic strategy active in a timely manner to assist care facilities.  Turkeys voting for Christmas springs to mind when DHSC investigates itself or pays for the investigation.   Local people this corner of the island lost their   jobs. 

36 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

It says in the paper no manslaughter charges. Not no charges. Maybe go read it again

As I understand, the outstanding charges being looked at are wilful neglect under H&S matters.

Doubt that'll go anywhere either.

32 minutes ago, jaymann said:

As I understand, the outstanding charges being looked at are wilful neglect under H&S matters.

That could actually give a false perception that it involves neglect of residents, which I understand not to be the case - certainly not until and unless proven.

It could actually relate to employing the necessary qualified staff as well but surely Registrations and Inspections would have been on to that if that was the case. 

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well our wonderful government were never going to persecute themselves!

5 hours ago, Gladys said:

There was an unannounced visit in January 2020.  The report is available online. 

Seems fairly standard with most areas stated as compliant to outstandingly compliant. 

Imagine the impact of being charged with potential manslaughter, if that is what care staff were charged with.

From what I learned from a person formally complaining about their mother's care in hospital at least Abbotswood took into account residents stated wishes when it came down to choices about where to recover their care. 

17 minutes ago, Apple said:

Seems fairly standard with most areas stated as compliant to outstandingly compliant. 

Imagine the impact of being charged with potential manslaughter, if that is what care staff were charged with.

From what I learned from a person formally complaining about their mother's care in hospital at least Abbotswood took into account residents stated wishes when it came down to choices about where to recover their care. 

No one has been/is going to be  charged with manslaughter That’s the point of the recent announcement.. in fact no one has been charged with anything, so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

No one has been/is going to be  charged with manslaughter That’s the point of the recent announcement.. in fact no one has been charged with anything, so far.

Well that's ok. Presumably there was some speculation about that otherwise there would have been no need for any announcement.

Is there still an enquiry or police investigation going on and have any staff been told not to discuss it in public, does anyone know ?

30 minutes ago, Apple said:

Well that's ok. Presumably there was some speculation about that otherwise there would have been no need for any announcement.

Is there still an enquiry or police investigation going on and have any staff been told not to discuss it in public, does anyone know ?

Apple charge is a very specific thing. People were arrested, interviewed and bailed. No one has been charged.

This started as a Regulatory/Health & safety investigation. Presumably something was discovered that rang a warning bell that it was more serious. You have to re-arrest, caution again, before interviewing for the new matter.

Yes, the announcement says that enquiries into other matters, health & safety and the like are continuing.

Would you publicly discuss if you were being investigated with possibility of criminal proceedings?