Posted (edited)

Zoom is the flavour of the month in these Covid days. I like it and have the Pro version and use it for work and social.

The phone App is great but does not allow Isle of Man numbers to be phoned, even though Isle of Man is listed, but it can't be 'ticked'.

Does anyone else use Zoom Phone and managed to get round this problem?

Isle of Man is a +44 number same as rest of UK of course, but Manx Telecom is privately owned these days and I wonder if that has caused a problem?

Edited by gettafa
6 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Zoom is the flavour of the month in these Covid days. I like it and have the Pro version and use it for work and social.

The phone App is great but does not allow Isle of Man numbers to be phoned, even though Isle of Man is listed, but it can't be 'ticked'.

Does anyone else use Zoom Phone and managed to get round this problem?

Isle of Man is a +44 number same as rest of UK of course, but Manx Telecom is privately owned these days and I wonder if that has caused a problem?

one of my colleagues in the office used the phone app last week. Audio okay but had problems with actual video side

• Like 1

Cheers. I see a phone can be used to log in to a Zoom Meeting, but it is the stand alone Zoom Phone App I am needing, as I want to telephone call IoM numbers (actually to replace the now dreadful and near unuseable Microsoft controlled Skype).  As mentioned, no problems phoning Antigua to Zimbabwe but the tick box for Isle of man is effectively greyed out.

29 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Cheers. I see a phone can be used to log in to a Zoom Meeting, but it is the stand alone Zoom Phone App I am needing, as I want to telephone call IoM numbers (actually to replace the now dreadful and near unuseable Microsoft controlled Skype).  As mentioned, no problems phoning Antigua to Zimbabwe but the tick box for Isle of man is effectively greyed out.

What happens if you tick the UK box. IOM numbers are part of the UK national numbering system.

And which zoom app is the standalone phone app?

Posted (edited)

@John Wright

This is the Zoom.us home page

As you can see, there are Apps for Zoom meetings, Video Webinair, Conference Rooms,  Phone System, Chat

I signed up for Zoomphone but had to use a UK address to do so, it would not allow me to select Isle of Man. Yes, as I have said and you state, Isle of Man is +44 phone system. But is listed separately and treated separately. No problem, I can handle that, but even when subscribed to the 'pay-as-you-go I can't phone Isle of Man. It comes up in a list (ICBA screenshotting it, take my word please) of countries and separate from UK, but unable to click on the tick box.

It just seems odd. 

Like the Isle of Man is in a world of its own in this respect and is not recognised by Zoom.

I have used various other VOIP and no problem.  IoM is +44 UK national phone  numbering system as you say. But with Zoom it is not. It is most frustrating and I wonder if others have managed ok?

Edited by gettafa