Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
John Wright

Another travel firm gone

Shearings, Wallace Arnold, National Coach Holidays plus Bay Hotels all gone into Admin.

they brought over many over 50s for off-peak coach tours of the Island - no doubt useful shoulder season booking for the hotels now lost for a couple of years at least

• Like 1

That'll be a few coach loads that won't be requiring fridge magnets then. Laurence will be distraught.

• Haha 2

actually I suspect the charity shops will be bigger losers as the OAP coach trippers were good customers especially in Peel as the charity shop was next door to the ice cream parlour

• Like 2

Wallace Arnold can’t have one customer under the age of 70 so it’s hardly surprising that old people don’t want to go on coaching holidays to Skegness post Covid. 

Perhaps an opportunity for a local organisation to be proactive and send coaches to bring people in?  

11 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Perhaps an opportunity for a local organisation to be proactive and send coaches to bring people in?  

It would be significantly cheaper to leave the coach bit out of the boat journey!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, finlo said:

It would be significantly cheaper to leave the coach bit out of the boat journey!

They pick up the passengers from their hometown. They also get a special rate on the SPCo, I believe the coach is free to the operator and they only charge for a full load of passengers?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Face it...it'll be 2 years or more before most oldies will even feel safe going outside into the community, let alone piling onto coaches.

Coaches will be parked up behind all the aircraft - waiting for a vaccine and travel confidence to return.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

Know anyone with a load of spare minibuses?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

They pick up the passengers from their hometown. They also get a special rate on the SPCo, I believe the coach is free to the operator and they only charge for a full load of passengers?

That'll disappoint a few.

Coming on a coach holiday to the Island is the cheapest way to do it, friends of mine from the south of England costed it out and were coming at the back end sadly no longer.    Shearings went all over the continent I used to take the family years ago it was great the kids loved it and very reasonable, many great holidays such a shame.

It's a shame but when this is all over I'm sure people will go on holiday again. Maybe not to far off lands but that would be a good thing for the tour operators and the Isle of Man. 

• Like 1