Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Southfork

76% of public sector not affected or better off post Covid

The fact that public service employees are not feeling the effects to the same extent is a reflection that many of them have carried on working, even teachers have been running online lessons. I do know of some senior people who have been given big pay rises to manage the Covid-19 situation mind you. 

In reality, it is these people, and those who have managed to hang on to employment of some sort, with their disposable incomes who will help to lift us out of recession when all this is over. Who'd have thought it, our bloated PS is now a godsend! 

23 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

It was not so much a direct response to any comment in this thread, more of a personal observation regarding an underlying resentment and perhaps jealously of actual civil servants that runs through some MF threads :flowers:

I doubt anyone is jealous just pointing out the inequity of what happens to peoples tax money. Perish the thought that any of it might make its way into anyone else’s pocket during the biggest financial crises we will possibly see. 

Edited by Southfork
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Max Power said:

The fact that public service employees are not feeling the effects to the same extent is a reflection that many of them have carried on working, even teachers have been running online lessons. I do know of some senior people who have been given big pay rises to manage the Covid-19 situation mind you. 

In reality, it is these people, and those who have managed to hang on to employment of some sort, with their disposable incomes who will help to lift us out of recession when all this is over. Who'd have thought it, our bloated PS is now a godsend! 

Interesting take on the situation. Any money they spend locally certainly won’t do any harm

Yes but you'd surely admit a fair amount of it goes on 'world class shopping in Liverpool 1" and unnecessary global travel?

Edited by Donald Trumps
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Yes but you'd surely admit a fair amount of it goes on 'world class shopping in Liveropool 1" and unnecessary global travel?

I think they will just have to struggle on with Tynwald Mills and the Strand Centre for quite a while I suspect

3 hours ago, Max Power said:

Teachers running online lessons will be news to many parents of students in the state school sector.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Out of the blue said:

I think they will just have to struggle on with Tynwald Mills and the Strand Centre for quite a while I suspect

I think Amazon has been hammered these last few weeks..

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Twitch said:

I think Amazon has been hammered these last few weeks..

Will UK HMRC be giving IOMG an appropriate share of it's new digital services tax?

2 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Yes but you'd surely admit a fair amount of it goes on 'world class shopping in Liveropool 1" and unnecessary global travel?

Yes to the point that we have to repatriate some for the very important ones from Goa. It’s very sad the comments above as it sounds like most people have now given up. They’ve been beaten into submission by this fake emergency state and just handed over their lives to government to do what’s best for them. It’s now apparently fine to accept that the bloated public sector (which we fund) will now buy us out of this. Even if ordinary folk have no job and no home themselves! It just shows you how complaint and accepting a lot of folk really are despite what they might regularly protest about on forums like this. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

After next year's general election the public sector will have to implement the Curran Report which they themselves have largely written

Palomitas GIFs | Tenor

9 minutes ago, Southfork said:

Yes to the point that we have to repatriate some for the very important ones from Goa. It’s very sad the comments above as it sounds like most people have now given up. They’ve been beaten into submission by this fake emergency state and just handed over their lives to government to do what’s best for them. It’s now apparently fine to accept that the bloated public sector (which we fund) will now buy us out of this. Even if ordinary folk have no job and no home themselves! It just shows you how complaint and accepting a lot of folk really are despite what they might regularly protest about on forums like this. 

Well, what exactly can we do? I'm jobless for two month now, and getting by on the pittance they hand me.If I don't pay my mortgage, I'm out on my ass, I can't exactly protest - I'd be jailed under emergency powers. The civil servants do whatever they want. 

Edit: What's the point

Edited by Manxberry

6 minutes ago, Manxberry said:

Well, what exactly can we do? I'm jobless for two month now, and getting by on the pittance they hand me.If I don't pay my mortgage, I'm out on my ass, I can't exactly protest - I'd be jailed under emergency powers. The civil servants do whatever they want. 

Edit: What's the point

You exemplify my point perfectly. People have been beaten into submission by a fake emergency state. We should certainly be protesting and being very visible indeed if folk find themselves in that situation. Otherwise they’ll keep on treating people like crap and hope they just fall through the cracks and go away. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Manxberry said:

You first then. 

Oh don’t worry I will be the very second I’m affected. I’m just seeing family and friends being beaten into compliance and reduced circumstances at the moment and wondering why they’re all accepting it just because they’ve been conned about a death virus that was never going to affect them to any great degree anyway. The time will come when it will all kick off. It’s simmering away nicely at the moment. If the economy doesn’t come back on stream soon it will really start to get very uncomfortable for government and politicians as those being dispossessed find a voice.