Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Southfork

76% of public sector not affected or better off post Covid

22 minutes ago, Manxberry said:

Well, what exactly can we do? I'm jobless for two month now, and getting by on the pittance they hand me.If I don't pay my mortgage, I'm out on my ass, I can't exactly protest - I'd be jailed under emergency powers. The civil servants do whatever they want. 

Edit: What's the point

Your bank will give you a suspension on mortgage payments.

39 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Will UK HMRC be giving IOMG an appropriate share of it's new digital services tax?

Really the likes of Amazon should not allow sellers to sell into the UK without adding VAT and taking it.  The seller should then reclaim it if it isn't due.

It's criminal how much VAT isn't paid by Amazon sellers. Especially the overseas lot.  China flooding the place with shite and paying no dues on it either.   No wonder it hurts local business.

They have a thing now where you can request a VAT receipt

Whether VAT is actually being applied I do not know

It might be that the public sector are more likely to be key workers, providing vital public services, who have worked right through the whole lockdown, so their jobs/ pay has not been affected.

Anyone trading through Amazon is now required to provide evidence to them that they are compliant with HMRC

1 hour ago, flaps said:

It might be that the public sector are more likely to be key workers, providing vital public services, who have worked right through the whole lockdown, so their jobs/ pay has not been affected.

ROFLMAO

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

It's surprising really that HMRC haven't been on them before

Some sort of transactional tax needs to be applied that’s paid across when goods are ordered. But they seem to now be too big to fight with. A general internet services tax should have been done 10 years ago. 

2 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

It's surprising really that HMRC haven't been on them before

Well I think the problem is that these large tech american corporations just do exactly what they want and the UK government seem ok with that.

• Like 1

& then they suddenly realise that the whole country is being taken over by large American institutions, & that #Brexit inevitably makes them poodles of the US