• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know how many houses or who bought it. I don't think any plans have been advanced, but it is zoned in the southern plan or somewhere similar.It's not that big a site, but neither was the old C

I wouldn't be surprised if they restrict opening hours at first. 8 pints tends to discourage a lot of social distancing - in pubs the distance people keep tends to be inversely proportional to th

Heron and Deary seemed to be imposing a 30m distancing rule before Covid19. Certainly looked that way walking past usually seeing only two customers in most of their places.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, PaulJ said:

Pubs opening very soon

Not round here, sadly :( .

Could murder a pint of Proper Job :( .

• Like 1

I can't see then opening until we dispense with this expectation that a business can operate telling people they cannot go within 2 metres of each other.

Perhaps pubs with an outside space ( like the Cat) could open but it will be a piss take anyway.

Same with Cafes and Restaurants.  We just need to get on with it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, PaulJ said:

A man in a brewery to be precise

Care to elaborate on that? Open fully open with serious restrictions etc? If your contact in the brewery knows so much then they must have an idea. 

37 minutes ago, madmanx90 said:

Care to elaborate on that? Open fully open with serious restrictions etc? If your contact in the brewery knows so much then they must have an idea. 

more like no idea...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, madmanx90 said:

Haven't got full details yet,but beer is brewing as we speak

• Like 1

There has been alot of people wandering round pubs (inside and outside areas) last Friday and today.

Lash a couple of beer tents up with table service and some of those external piss pots. Jobs a good un.

3 hours ago, PaulJ said:

A man in a brewery to be precise

One will be just too desperate to lob 20p on the price of a pint - to make their pubs even more less attractive.  

• Like 4