Jump to content
Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
2112

Black Lives Matter

Recommended Posts

P.C. Andrew Harper verdict brought in today. Three teenagers guilty of murder manslaughter. If P.C. Harper had been black they'd have been convicted of murder. There were attempts to intimidate the jury. The courts are playing political correctness because they're from the traveller community. Say it ain't so...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Hang on, I thought they were Marxists?

 
Facsist in the sense of dictatorial power.  The left and right ideals are becoming more indistinguishable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

P.C. Andrew Harper verdict brought in today. Three teenagers guilty of murder manslaughter. If P.C. Harper had been black they'd have been convicted of murder. There were attempts to intimidate the jury. The courts are playing political correctness because they're from the traveller community. Say it ain't so...

I have not read the reports, but I find it hard to understand how dragging someone along by a car for a mile(!) can be anything but murder? Surely as soon as you realised you had hit them, by continuing you had intended to kill them , or were at least reckless as to whether your actions would lead to their death. 

Not sure I agree that the race of the PC had much to do with it, though. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well let me put it another way for you Gladys. Can you imagine the backlash if three white youths had done that to a black man and got away with manslaughter ?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Well let me put it another way for you Gladys. Can you imagine the backlash if three white youths had done that to a black man and got away with manslaughter ?

That is a hard one.  Remember Lee Rigby?  That was ordinary soldier killed by Islamic terrorists, not white soldier killed by two black men. 

I suppose it is down to the motivation.  Was the motivation of the youths anything to do with the race of the PC, or was it that they wanted to get away with the crime they were committing?  

Was the ritual execution of Lee Rigby to do with race or religious extremism?

As soon as you introduce race into any situation,  the debate becomes harder, much more nuanced. 

For the record, if there is any group of people I always view with suspicion, it is "travellers", whatever "race" they may call themselves.  Travellers are not gypsies of the Romany lineage, but opportunistic exploiters who have hidden under the cover of "Romany" to create an alternative society mostly involved in anti-social, nay criminal, behaviour.  I have seen many examples.

If I had to choose, I would rather live in a "POC" neighbourhood than amongst travellers. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, WTF said:

it is definitely a 'movement'

Daily ?

Sounds similar too.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that the Hardy Commission have now got backing from Clare Barber.  

I hope she got answers about who they are, who funds them and who gave them their "commission". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What is the Hardy Commission?

Edit - please tell me its what Matt and Jeff Hardy are calling themselves now...

Hardy Boyz Matt Hardy GIF - HardyBoyz MattHardy JeffHardy GIFs

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are a group calling for education on black issues in our schools.  I am perfectly happy for racial awareness and issues to be covered under the curriculum, in fact, I think it is a good thing, much as I agree that religious instruction, if it has to be a school subject, teaches about all faiths.  But I am not happy for a group which does not identify itself, its objectives or how it is funded getting support from MHKs when they are not clear about who they are.  

Of course, it is yet another bandwagon to jump on as a MHK, and in doing so gives credibility to this unknown group.  

Still not getting any answer about who gave them their commission. (I suspect I never will because they are not a commission, but it sounds good, eh?)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Still not getting any answer about who gave them their commission. (I suspect I never will because they are not a commission, but it sounds good, eh?)

Well anyone can commission themselves to do something.  (I suspect they just thought it sounded more dynamic than 'committee').  Though you would hope that calling themselves a commission would mean they were open to hearing evidence from others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well anyone can commission themselves to do something.  (I suspect they just thought it sounded more dynamic than 'committee').  Though you would hope that calling themselves a commission would mean they were open to hearing evidence from others.

Commission implies that they have been given some kind of authority and remit, but what and by whom?

I am going to set up a group called The Gladys Commission to call out the Emperor's New Clothes of these groups, which do nothing to tackle racism, patronise POC (who are completely unable to promote themselves, of course) and tackle white middle class millennial privilege.  Who's in?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Commission implies that they have been given some kind of authority and remit, but what and by whom?

I am going to set up a group called The Gladys Commission to call out the Emperor's New Clothes of these groups, which do nothing to tackle racism, patronise POC (who are completely unable to promote themselves, of course) and tackle white middle class millennial privilege.  Who's in?

Count me in!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 7:11 PM, Shake me up Judy said:

P.C. Andrew Harper verdict brought in today. Three teenagers guilty of murder manslaughter. If P.C. Harper had been black they'd have been convicted of murder. There were attempts to intimidate the jury. The courts are playing political correctness because they're from the traveller community. Say it ain't so...

What a load of hypothetical tosh!

 

On 7/24/2020 at 7:38 PM, Shake me up Judy said:

Well let me put it another way for you Gladys. Can you imagine the backlash if three white youths had done that to a black man and got away with manslaughter ?

Wiki....Murder of James Byrd Jr.

Led to new anti racist legislation in the States.

Murder, deliberate.  Manslaughter, unintended consequence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what surprises me is that none of them looked back thru the rear window to see if they were being pursued when surely they would have noticed the attached body?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...