Jump to content
Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
2112

Black Lives Matter

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Kopek said:

I'm surprised that Douglas Murray is so anti Black! He has one of the blackest hearts in the Right of Centre! Any group of people can be subject to his self promoting aims.

He probably doesn't like The Manx because we're not 'WASP'?

He didn't say anything anti-black,  just anti the current divisive agenda.  Watch some of his YouTube pieces, he deals with some touchy subjects rationally.  

If anything, I am becoming more racist, sexist and ageist - against middle class, white, millennial females.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2020 at 10:11 PM, Kopek said:

Oh yes, the D of Ed are kow towing to , wage demands and  Black demands for positive desciminiation to level things off?

I seem to remenber Alex Allinson saying the these Black Bastards should just accept their place in life and just serve us whites.

He did . didn't he???

Please explain, before 9.00 preferably. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kopek said:

I'm surprised that Douglas Murray is so anti Black! He has one of the blackest hearts in the Right of Centre! Any group of people can be subject to his self promoting aims.

He probably doesn't like The Manx because we're not 'WASP'?

What did you find racist in his article Kopek? I thought it was pretty balanced myself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what this is all about, FF Force? March for Afrikan Liberation Day in Brixton.

Activists block Brixton Road as they march through London's streets to mark Afrikan Emancipation Day despite restrictions

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Watch some of his YouTube pieces, he deals with some touchy subjects rationally. 

Why though? What's his motivation, why do people like him churn out this stuff? Who pays for it? (Well we know who pays for Spiked Online). 

The so called 'intellectual dark web' are fundamentally just as irritating and common and basic as all of the people and things they huff and puff about.

They're just like what they are against, these people.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twitter should be switched off too. Nothing sensible happens on that.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pongo said:

Twitter should be switched off too. Nothing sensible happens on that.

After here then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Please explain, before 9.00 preferably. 

Sarcasm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2020 at 2:06 AM, quilp said:

And the destruction of statues by predominately White activists. If we have scars on our bodies we are instantly reminded of how they were acquired- the scar being the reminder to an injurious event seldom forgotten. Those 'offending' statues could be construed in much the same way, they are the scars of our history, a standing reminder of other injurious events in our time. Without the symbolism, these historical scars and the stories behind them, of man's inhumanity to his fellow man, might too easily be forgotten. 

Nobody is going to forget the slave trade happened just because the Colston statue was pulled down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, pongo said:

why do people like him churn out this stuff?

More 'Clicks', more advertising revenue, Blog visits, more column inches, TV appearances and Think Tanks to head?

I wouldn't click on anything that would add to his income, give him credence for his extreme views. Maybe he is such a nice guy but knows which point of view will bring him the attention and income he seeks. He's a smart cookie, he wouldn't say anything illegal or that might bring wide opprobrium that might damage his ''career''.

I've heard enough of his view these last 15 years, I don't need to click on anything to know his worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Kopek said:

I wouldn't click on anything that would add to his income, give him credence for his extreme views. Maybe he is such a nice guy but knows which point of view will bring him the attention and income he seeks. He's a smart cookie, he wouldn't say anything illegal or that might bring wide opprobrium that might damage his ''career''.

I've heard enough of his view these last 15 years, I don't need to click on anything to know his worth.

Given that he spoke at some length a few days ago and has a current book out, can you give a specific example of his extremism?

Rather than just going by your gut feeling.

Edited by Mr Shoe
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kopek said:

Sarcasm.

Not a great justification for defaming someone. But, that doesn't  matter because it is in the BLM cause. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, pongo said:

Why though? What's his motivation, why do people like him churn out this stuff? Who pays for it? (Well we know who pays for Spiked Online). 

The so called 'intellectual dark web' are fundamentally just as irritating and common and basic as all of the people and things they huff and puff about.

They're just like what they are against, these people.

They are bound to be just like what they are against because there is polarisation.  I don't find him terribly irritating, but I have only watched a couple of clips. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gladys said:

Not a great justification for defaming someone. But, that doesn't  matter because it is in the BLM cause. 

Don't be silly. Allinson has not complained because he will have 'read' it is as the sarcastic reply to your suggestion  his Dept of Education would be swayed by the first few thoughts of a small recently formed group of people who want to make a difference  to societal attitudes.

Gladys, you are constantly trying to deride anyone or organisation that does not follow your view of racism and I'm failing to understand your logic, your reasons.

You're an intelligent Woman, you say you have tried to '' Educate Yourself'', I know, it's a terrible phrase!... but Douglas Murray is not the person to help you with that. He's been around for many years, a couple of his blogs will not have given you an insight into his extremism anymore than putting on a Blackshirt and listening to Mosley would have told you were it was leading.

Perhaps you have a responsibility consider the effect on others of your posts, you have your Gang of Five, your happy clappers, high fivers who like your every post but what of those who are not as intelligent, nuanced as you, who do not have the words to temper what they say in response, who feel you give them credence to voice a more extreme racism?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Don't be silly. Allinson has not complained because he will have 'read' it is as the sarcastic reply to your suggestion  his Dept of Education would be swayed by the first few thoughts of a small recently formed group of people who want to make a difference  to societal attitudes.

Gladys, you are constantly trying to deride anyone or organisation that does not follow your view of racism and I'm failing to understand your logic, your reasons.

You're an intelligent Woman, you say you have tried to '' Educate Yourself'', I know, it's a terrible phrase!... but Douglas Murray is not the person to help you with that. He's been around for many years, a couple of his blogs will not have given you an insight into his extremism anymore than putting on a Blackshirt and listening to Mosley would have told you were it was leading.

Perhaps you have a responsibility consider the effect on others of your posts, you have your Gang of Five, your happy clappers, high fivers who like your every post but what of those who are not as intelligent, nuanced as you, who do not have the words to temper what they say in response, who feel you give them credence to voice a more extreme racism?

A stopped clock is right twice every day Kopek. I don't agree with everything which Douglas Murray writes or espouses, but in this and several other cases I believe he is right in what he says. To dismiss opinions based on the fact that you don't agree with other things which someone has said in the past means you are poking one of your eyes out!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...