Jump to content

Black Lives Matter


2112
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It seems that black lives don't matter to some black people? It seems that around 30 black people who were attending the party where four black men are suspected of shooting black activist Sasha Johnson, refuse to give evidence to the police. 

That is the most bizarre conclusion that could be drawn from that particular piece of information!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Mostly read the data they drew the conclusions from to be honest. I treat "conclusions" in studies much the same way as op-eds in newspapers.

It's hardly the only study to create data that strongly suggests that women have a preference for care/other people and men have a preference for "things" though. Pick another if you don't enjoy the author of that one's style ;) 

Essentially, after all the wordiness of that file, and its conclusion, I wonder what you think it taught us that we don't already know. It bandies between 'sex' and 'gender' in its descriptions- two different things?

I wasn't too bothered by the style of the author, bar the frequent grammatical errors in the file itself, it was also a tad exhaustive. What original information and statistical benefit there is from that study is debatable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Not really, all those witnesses saw nothing?

Or they have no faith in the police, or they were involved, or they didn't like Sasha Johnson, or they did like the suspects, or any other multitude of things that isn't "They don't care about black lives".

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, quilp said:

Essentially, after all the wordiness of that file, and its conclusion, I wonder what you think it taught us that we don't already know. It bandies between 'sex' and 'gender' in its descriptions- two different things?

I wasn't too bothered by the style of the author, bar the frequent grammatical errors in the file itself, it was also a tad exhaustive. What original information and statistical benefit there is from that study is debatable. 

It's a meta-analysis. So not so much new information, but a useful collation of existing information. The statistics look pretty clear from where I'm sitting but perhaps you don't agree!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Max Power said:

It seems that black lives don't matter to some black people? It seems that around 30 black people who were attending the party where four black men are suspected of shooting black activist Sasha Johnson, refuse to give evidence to the police. 

https://news.sky.com/story/sasha-johnson-devastated-mother-appeals-for-witnesses-as-black-equal-rights-campaigner-remains-in-critical-condition-12327401

When I see Black Lives Matter industry and business raise and invest their income to benefit black lives in 3rd world countries I will give a second thought to their daft campaign. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

When I see Black Lives Matter industry and business raise and invest their income to benefit black lives in 3rd world countries I will give a second thought to their daft campaign. 

What is "black lives matter industry and business"? 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

90 million last year in donations, lots of salaries paid from that

Donations don't sound like industry, maybe business at a push. More like charity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  

16 minutes ago, manxman34 said:

England took the knee and beat Germany 2-nil. Mixed emotions for the gammons.

 

Gammons are racist scum.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Keith brief said:

So referring to a white person's skin colour in a derogatory way isn't racist? Goodness me.....

Gammon is more a pinky red, not white.

You need to educate yourself. You can't be racist against a white person. That just wouldn't make sense.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...