Jump to content

Black Lives Matter


2112
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Returning to the conversation about BLM and its Marxist bias...Image

But that relates to the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation and the majority who show support for BLM are not supporting the  Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation but for the BLM social movement which is against racism and anti-black violence. The latter often originally being in the form of police brutality. 

The name BLM was to basically state that the lives of Black people should be valued just as much as the lives of white people. Nor more not less the same.

Surely it is not that hard to understand

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

But we knew that already

But some try try and equate the two to try discredit the BLM the social movement which is basically just saying that the lives of Black people should be valued just as much as the lives of white people. Nor more, not less, the same. It is worth re-iterating whilst people continue to do that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

But some try try and equate the two to try discredit the BLM the social movement which is basically just saying that the lives of Black people should be valued just as much as the lives of white people. Nor more, not less, the same. It is worth re-iterating whilst people continue to do that.

No I didn’t mean we knew the difference between the BLM Global network and the BLM social movement.

I meant we already knew that black people should be valued just as much ( the same) as white people

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

No I didn’t mean we knew the difference between the BLM Global network and the BLM social movement.

I meant we already knew that black people should be valued just as much ( the same) as white people

You might but it would appear plenty in society take a different view still.https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/yorkshire-towns-residents-disgusted-vile-21459963

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lost Login said:

You might but it would appear plenty in society take a different view still.https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/yorkshire-towns-residents-disgusted-vile-21459963

 

Not sure one example can be taken as “plenty” but I get your point

However I’m afraid we will always have such Neanderthals with us. They aren’t going to have a  Damascene conversion at the sight of somebody “taking the knee”

And it’s no good talking about educating them. People who indulge in this sort of behaviour lack the capacity to learn.

We are therefore left with the need to apply the full force of the law to those indulging in racist behaviour of whatever kind

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Lost Login said:

But that relates to the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation and the majority who show support for BLM are not supporting the  Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation but for the BLM social movement which is against racism and anti-black violence. The latter often originally being in the form of police brutality. 

The name BLM was to basically state that the lives of Black people should be valued just as much as the lives of white people. Nor more not less the same.

Surely it is not that hard to understand

 

Yes, although many people have contributed financially to the foundation in the belief that it is benign. The sentiment and the organisation sadly are inextricably linked through the name which even confuses the vast majority who truly believe that Black Lives Matter. 

Surely it is not that hard to understand/

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/10/2021 at 2:33 PM, buncha wankas said:

sacrosanct!

It was a good all rounded thread, showing all views, I didn’t realise potential racism could be diluted with humour but only idiot MHK living in the 60s could be protected from ridicule.  
SP is showing he remains the same ignorant idiot on this topic. 

Potential? so not actually happened but you felt obliged to be offended anyway. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK here goes.

I have  been reading Sky News online and it appears (if they have reported the facts correctly ) that the cricketer Azeem Rafiq has accepted a six figure sum from Yorkshire County Cricket Club following allegations of institutional racism at Headingley.
This was following a report which was leaked which suggested that the use of the “P” word was made in the context of friendly banter.

Let us just get this into context and proportionally. This, if true, means that this chap has benefited financially to the tune of at least £100,000 ( and possibly up to £999,999 )due to a racist slur directed at him.

This surely just gives grist to the mill of those who say political correctness has gone mad and potentially gives rise to a division that racists can exploit.

It will also give rise to accusations that he pursued all this for financial gain, which to be honest would on the facts presented be hard to argue against.

Maybe he will give some or all of this money to anti racism or other good causes but that’s not really the point.

Yorkshire Cricket Club have conducted a report and  identified their failings.

Surely a sincere apology to Mr Rafiq,an action plan put in place to address the issues and a meaningful  contribution to anti racist causes would be more appropriate.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...