Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Ďouglas Peel

How much has your pension dropped during covid 19 crisis?

As above.  Im monitor the funds and manage my own allocations via an app.

Up 30 percent in 2020, although all high risk so I keep an eye on them most days.  Also made a good wedge buying and selling bitcoin over the last 3 months

There are some really good, easy to use, online trading platforms nowadays. My pick is Interactive Investor, and they are happy to accept IOM residents' accounts. I must admit I did fight shy of these sites for a long time because it was an extra step in the chain where calamity could happen and also being a bit traditional about having the certificates in my own name. But I've been convinced in recent years. It's so convenient, inexpensive and you have to move with the times. Let us hope we don't live to regret it!

11 minutes ago, woolley said:

There are some really good, easy to use, online trading platforms nowadays. My pick is Interactive Investor, and they are happy to accept IOM residents' accounts. I must admit I did fight shy of these sites for a long time because it was an extra step in the chain where calamity could happen and also being a bit traditional about having the certificates in my own name. But I've been convinced in recent years. It's so convenient, inexpensive and you have to move with the times. Let us hope we don't live to regret it!

I like (and use) ii. However, Trading212 is a masterpiece of a user interface. 

Out of interest, I've been re-balancing over the last few days. Squeaky bum times ahead.

45 minutes ago, Mr Shoe said:

I like (and use) ii. However, Trading212 is a masterpiece of a user interface. 

Out of interest, I've been re-balancing over the last few days. Squeaky bum times ahead.

We jumped out of most stocks when markets were approaching 5% losses. Stayed mainly in cash across currencies as slide reached over 30%. Watched with amazement as FTSE clawed back 20% so quickly,  but haven't put much back in to date. As you say, we haven't seen the amount of blood on the carpet yet and we will probably see further falls.