Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Julie Edge (Onchan)

New Transparency Motion I moved is not a topic on here - is it "Man Forums"?

Must be an election forthcoming... you won't be getting my vote

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Electioneering politicians are two a penny. We'd be more interested in the commercial confidentiality issue you were rebuked over.

So much for transparency there eh?

Edited by piebaps
  • Like 2

Probably a bit of a non story.

Council of Ministers probably have a point.  Anyone who becomes an MHK knows they have to complete a declaration of all their interests (even some of those seem overly unnecessary).

I would agree that some people may find it far from ideal to have to lay their financials lives bare only to be unsuccessful at election time.

It is their private business and at that stage should remain so.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Electioneering politicians are two a penny. We'd be more interested in the commercial confidentiality issue you were rebuked over.

So much for transparency there eh?

Thats the problem not many people understand the Post Office as a Business  - only one part doesn't have commercially sensitive information - So do you want all the other suppliers providing parcel services knowing what they are tendering against for their businesses - IOMPO doesn't have their information provided?

Edited by Julie Edge (Onchan)
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

I would like more sitting politicians and prospective ones to post on here, so try to be a bit nicer eh?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

This issue was being discussed in one of the other threads a bit somewhere I think. Brought up share holdings and the like. 

1 minute ago, Julie Edge (Onchan) said:

Thats the problem not many people understand the Post Office as a Business  - only one part doesn't have commercially sensitive information - So do you want all the other suppliers providing parcel services knowing what they are tendering against for the business - IOMPO doesn't have their information provided?

I agree with you.  People seem to have some sort of obsession with commercial confidentiality but it is needed in many cases.

• Like 1

It is fascinating when people have what is known as a Damascene Conversion.  I can remember alleged conflicts of interest in the past where school officials were alleged to be giving work to 'close' friends.

16 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Like declaring your standing for a Political Party then once your in, you leave.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

It is fascinating when people have what is known as a Damascene Conversion.  I can remember alleged conflicts of interest in the past where school officials were alleged to be giving work to 'close' friends.

It be great to know what your talking about to investigate what you allege to know?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Whatnonsence said:

Like declaring your standing for a Political Party then once your in, you leave.

Yes on principle I will leave a party when told I can't do something because it was a question to a Minister that needed to be answered for a constituent. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Julie Edge (Onchan) said:

It be great to know what your talking about to investigate what you allege to know?

I will never vote for anyone who gets your and your're wrong :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Please can we ban electioneering on here. We like to discuss no hopers, time wasters and halfwits without the bother of reading what they have to try and say.