"black lives matter" March on Tuesday

15 minutes ago, pongo said:

As an observer or as part of it? Either way works for me as I trust your reporting.

Some of our friends' kids were on it. And their parents seemed: A/ - supportive of them &  B/ -To be trying hard to better understand the language and issues. Which seemed pretty positive to me

ETA: all social distancing FWIW 

My generation - we'd would have banged dustbin lids on the ground and whatnot. This generation seems much more nuanced.

The next time the drug dealer comes around tell him no ...FFS sake..And ring up social services to have those children taken away before I do..

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the organisers has been spouting on FB how he is going to educate the people of the Isle of Man cheeky bastard and if we cannot make the march we can take a knee at 1.00pm.    I have never thou

I attended the protest. Plenty of social distancing the vast majority also masked up. People of all ages and ethnic backgrounds present. Very respectfully undertaken.

Totally agree with you SJR there will be the usual mob plus a few useless students and in the front the grandstanding MHKs.   Busy part of town, lunchtime, social distancing  not a chance.   I hope it

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

I heard two people who went on it this evening say 1200 to 1500 so I’d guess Manx Radios hundreds is way off. Likely it was over 1000 just looking at the pictures on the BBC. 

If only Manx Radio had thought to go to some vantage point, like say Douglas Head, where they could have seen it all from.

(They were probably waiting for the Cabinet Office to tell them how many were there).

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, SJR said:

You have a lot to learn fella..Unfortunately do not post any photos online.And No.

i'm curious to know if you weren't a participant/supporter of the protest and had no intention of posting online why did you take photos?

2 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

i'm curious to know if you weren't a participant/supporter of the protest and had no intention of posting online why did you take photos?

He didn’t and as per usual, talking through his hoop

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

If only Manx Radio had thought to go to some vantage point, like say Douglas Head, where they could have seen it all from.

It’s TT Week the news team are probably on holiday now they won’t be getting any overtime for reporting on deaths and accidents all week. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, WTF said:

how many arrests for not social distancing were there ?

Dont think social distancing is a law is it? Guidance only. So the answer will be 'none', Government Guidance is not enforceable by the police.

Looking at the pictures of the march I can't help to be impressed by the amount of people who turned up. Its pretty amazing for the normally apathetic Isle of Man. 

• Like 5
55 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Isn't it just a symptom of people having fuck all better to do?   

It probably was to an extent. There were plenty  of banners too, which would have whiled away a bit of time and got the creative juices flowing during the lockdown. Very impressive.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Looking at the pictures of the march I can't help to be impressed by the amount of people who turned up. Its pretty amazing for the normally apathetic Isle of Man. 

Under normal circumstances half of them would be at school, another 20% back at university and the remainder at work..

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Under normal circumstances half of them would be at school, another 20% back at university and the remainder at work..

Know a lot of kids who are at school during TT week?

EDIT: To that end, under normal circumstances a lot of people would've taken TT week off work...

Edited by HeliX
  • Like 1

I'd say a fraction would be there normally. People do literally have fuck better  bandwagons to jump on.

Perhaps they should organise a march every Tuesday for different people who are victims of racism, violence, discrimination etc?

My vote for next Tuesday - a march for the women of South Africa where it is estimated that a woman is raped every 30 seconds. 

Edited by The Dog's Dangly Bits
  • Thanks 1