"black lives matter" March on Tuesday

SJR

15 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Are you suggesting that the police force should automatically employ ethnic minorities regardless of ability so that the force reflects the small ethnic minority on the island or should they employ those who want to be a police person and who have the correct motivation and ability? Just asking.

No not at all I’m just saying that if racism and white privilege concern Gary Roberts as much as he says it does in his cringeworthy social media post than you’d have thought he would have recruited a few candidates from non white backgrounds by now when he hasn’t. I’m just a bit sick and tired of the virtue signaling from all concerned. 

Edited by Mr Newbie
  • Like 3

Well it’s quite simple really in that the protest should very rightly go ahead. But to comply with ‘ ze rules vich must be obeyed at all times ‘  only 30 should be in attendance. I suspect that is what the police are engaging with the protesters to achieve. If that does not happen why should any of us obey anymore. 

10? I’ve heard nothing I must admit. No point in 10. If people really feel strongly about this they need to be able to express that. On that basis I think Declan’s idea was very sensible. Have the protest in shifts if you like.

You’ve lost me there.  I see  no problem with say 30 but controlled but as you say that breaches the rules. If you really want to stick to the rules than you have waves of 10 . But that is silly and dilutes the point of a demonstration and a point needs to be made. It might be ‘hidden ‘ but the Isle of Man is very racist. I got here in 87 and believe me I was astonished by the racist attitude here. It hasn’t improved much since then truth be told. But then we can’t say that can we. Stu Peters was way out of order - denial does not wash. And I think you are in that category. All white people are racist - what matters is how we deal with it.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Wilson said:

You’ve lost me there.  I see  no problem with say 30 but controlled but as you say that breaches the rules. If you really want to stick to the rules than you have waves of 10 . But that is silly and dilutes the point of a demonstration and a point needs to be made. It might be ‘hidden ‘ but the Isle of Man is very racist. I got here in 87 and believe me I was astonished by the racist attitude here. It hasn’t improved much since then truth be told. But then we can’t say that can we. Stu Peters was way out of order - denial does not wash. And I think you are in that category. All white people are racist - what matters is how we deal with it.

You say what you like, this is what this is all about. 

21 hours ago, HeliX said:

Concern troll. "These people could spread coronavirus so I'll be there!"

We have 0 known active cases.

You have missed your calling..Another expert on the virus..

18 hours ago, Mr Newbie said:

Let’s face it even the police will be white. Probably wearing white helmets. We have the worlds most un-inclusive police force to start with despite the Chief Constable glib worlds of support for inclusivity. He whole event will probably be a white-wash. 

Next time any of us are in Asia the Middle East or most of Africa plus the Caribbean make sure that you question the local Policeman and demand more white officers.

Edited by SJR
  • Like 2