Jump to content
Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
SJR

"black lives matter" March on Tuesday

Recommended Posts

Nice article in today’s paper, also lists the brains behind the outfit.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=56096&headline=Black Lives Matter demonstration to take place today&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2020

One of the people behind the newly formed organisation POC was this year proposed nominated for Legco but failed to get a vote. Whatever the initial thoughts, I have a feeling this will have ‘legs’. However on the other side of the coin, if you set yourselves up as Judge, Jury and Executioner, don’t be surprised if people investigate your personal history, social media history and employment history. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the change of name, but up until yesterday the publicity was for BLM IOM. I do hope it goes well, without incident or any chink which will allow criticism for breaching CV regulations.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I agree with the change of name, but up until yesterday the publicity was for BLM IOM. I do hope it goes well, without incident or any chink which will allow criticism for breaching CV regulations.  

post-14251-eddie-murphy-i-see-what-you-d

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye..it's a veritable minefield out there

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Aye..it's a veritable minefield out there

It's not really though is it?

Using the word "chink" in context is fine.

Referring to a Chinese person as a "chink" is not fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I realise that of course.

It's still a minefield. No need to list examples, you will know them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Chef Raekwon said:

It's not really though is it?

Using the word "chink" in context is fine.

Referring to a Chinese person as a "chink" is not fine.

What???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You were all correct. 10 school teachers and a social worker and their 2000 friends turned up

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been walking along promenade, opposite side to March and there are several hundred there. Mostly under 21 age with a few older ones, didn't see one BAME person.

person on Manx radio just made valid point, he was refused permission to attend a funeral of a friend of 50 years as only 10 allowed but police are allowing this gathering without any action!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Golfer said:

Just been walking along promenade, opposite side to March and there are several hundred there. Mostly under 21 age with a few older ones, didn't see one BAME person.

person on Manx radio just made valid point, he was refused permission to attend a funeral of a friend of 50 years as only 10 allowed but police are allowing this gathering without any action!!

And they take your name too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...