Jump to content
Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
SJR

"black lives matter" March on Tuesday

Recommended Posts

I attended the protest. Plenty of social distancing the vast majority also masked up. People of all ages and ethnic backgrounds present. Very respectfully undertaken.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Duck of Atholl said:

I attended the protest. Plenty of social distancing the vast majority also masked up. People of all ages and ethnic backgrounds present. Very respectfully undertaken.

Was anyone from Tynwald there to say anything or were there any speeches made? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Max Power said:

Was anyone from Tynwald there to say anything or were there any speeches made? 

I was so far back I couldn't hear the speeches. The photo below isn't mine but it gives you an idea about how the march was conducted along the prom...

EaERlsfWkAA-WXP.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They did say in their objectives that it was also a fundraising exercise. Not sure if they are collecting money or directing people to where to donate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gladys said:

They did say in their objectives that it was also a fundraising exercise. Not sure if they are collecting money or directing people to where to donate.

Where are the funds going?

Who is responsible for the funds?

I think it’s vitally important that we know this information as a matter of urgency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one approached me for any donations and there was no bucket shaking as far as I could see. Whether or not there is any online donating I don't know,  I would urge donors to check the provenance of anyone asking for such a donation first.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2112 said:

Where are the funds going?

Who is responsible for the funds?

I think it’s vitally important that we know this information as a matter of urgency.

I attended, stood at the front past war memorial trying decide where to go, walked to the back past broadway, ended up half way. Saw no money collect at all, got a free mask and free gloves. There were speeches that were good, MLK quotes etc. very respectful. Very glad i went.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Where are the funds going?

Who is responsible for the funds?

I think it’s vitally important that we know this information as a matter of urgency.

I’m not telling you.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm glad it was well supported and went off ok for them all. 

 

Edited by Max Power
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He knew the police officer they had worked together so said on US news. Makes murder 1 more likely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TomTucker said:

He knew the police officer they had worked together so said on US news. Makes murder 1 more likely

Hmmm, I think he was maybe scared of him, or worse he was settling a score then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chef Raekwon said:

Yeah, we need more hard men like yourself who aren't afraid to call a spade a spade etc.

That's it mate.

Eh? That makes no sense at all.

What is "hard" about referring to a Chinese meal as a chinky?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

No one approached me for any donations and there was no bucket shaking as far as I could see. Whether or not there is any online donating I don't know,  I would urge donors to check the provenance of anyone asking for such a donation first.

Probably just better donating to Hospice or Manx Cancer Help.   Worthy causes where they actually make a difference to the lives of locals.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...