Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  

Quayle’s Border Force

I must admit I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry at HRH The Chief Ministers latest scheme, having Immigration Officers based at the Sea Terminal and the Airport. They will conduct contact tracing of passengers leaving the island.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=56103&headline=Creation of a border force at ports to protect the island is a govt priority&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2020

For the life of me I can’t understand what is going on. I can only see bureaucracy, government interference and big brother into its population. The security at the airport is outsourced to a company prepared to offer the lowest possible tender, and they pay their staff the lowest possible legal wage. Is this border force to appease the pitchfork brigade, as HRH The Chief Minister would dearly love to keep the border closed till well into 2021. If he thinks that we can go to the Channel Islands and Ireland, we can also get the ferry from there to UK ports. Is he going to keep this quarantine farce up for much longer?

• Like 1

Have you got that right?

Why would we be interested in contact tracing someone who has left the Island? 

This will end up being extended to port security after the pandemic is over. How many HNWs may be caught out not spending enough days on the island and we therefore lose tax income?  

• Like 1

The sooner fat boy fucks off the better we’ll be

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NoTail said:

Have you got that right?

He won't have it right.  It'll be a load of ranting nonsense like usual.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

This will end up being extended to port security after the pandemic is over. How many HNWs may be caught out not spending enough days on the island and we therefore lose tax income?  

Eh?

We join the Isle of Man Border Force at the Sea Terminal Douglas...

Border Force Officer: ‘Headin’ off on the boat are ya fella?’

Billy from Purt Le Morrey: ‘Aye’

BFO: ‘Where y goin’ then’?

BFPLM: ‘Visitin’ me sista Janet in Blackpooul,

BFO: ‘By shite... I know a Purt Le Morrey gurl called Janet wot went off to that there Blackpooul...Janet Crellin.

BFPLM: ‘She’s me bloody sista...!

BFO: ‘Hal’ on there..! Me n’ her used to sneak off for a smoke...back of the Albert!’

BFPLM: ‘I’ll bloody tell her I met ya...wot’s ye name..?

BFO: ‘Decca Cubbon’

BFPLM: ‘Christ...Ye not the Decca Cubbon that dropped the big Kwakka at Quarry Bends in the ‘98 Manx Newcomers are ye’?

BFO: ‘The very same’!

BFPLM:’Jeeesus...me dad’s gorra picture of that on his garrridge wall! Anyroad, it’s good to meet ya...but why d’ya wanna know where I’m off to like’?

BFO: ‘Fucked if I can remember yessir, but it’s sumthin to do with Howard Quayle so it’ll be a waste of bloody time anyway. Have a good trip’.

BFPLM: ‘Cheers sowl’.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, NoTail said:

Have you got that right?

I read the article and I’m flummoxed as why we need another layer of bureaucracy and more public sector workers. There are more than enough people employed by Government that can take on additional duties. Is this going to be HRH The Chief Ministers parting gift to the taxpayers? Or is he trying to fcuk up the Common Travel Area?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I'm glad Quayle is taking it seriously. We need to show the 'infected' we're serious.

42227018460_e1e77d469d_b.jpg

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Well I'm glad Quayle is taking it seriously. We need to show the 'infected' we're serious.

42227018460_e1e77d469d_b.jpg

More likely 

455CD548-5D72-451D-904E-FE45FF4FEB39.jpeg

• Haha 4

If there is one thing Government does very well its overblown bureaucracy, which alienates everyone !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Has the said what the purpose of this is?

How would a passport check stop a virus?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Mr Newbie said:

More likely 

455CD548-5D72-451D-904E-FE45FF4FEB39.jpeg

garry roberts the younger years ?

Edited by WTF
  • Like 1

We had a Port’s police force. Too expensive. We got rid of that and employed a private security firm.

We have immigration staff. They deal with flights from outside the CTA. 

We live in a common travel area. 95%+ of all flights, and boats originate within the CTA. There are a few flights to Geneva, Denmark, Cyprus.

The border force cannot be about Covid. Unless HQ knows something we don’t, namely that it’s going to continue for ever.

So what is it about? We don’t have our own nationality, we don’t really have a border, apart from states of emergency we can’t keep people out. Are we looking at scanning photo ID info and tying it into PNC or other data bases? Is there any data ( not gut feeling ) that actually identifies a problem with criminals coming and going.

Or is it just the state saying we need this info, we must have this info, no idea what it’ll achieve, but info is power, and lots of new computers and scanners. The state being inquisitive and wanting to have a hold.

And let’s not have any of the “Ive done nothing wrong, I don’t mind” comments. The IoM and UK has not had internal travel controls apart from war time or Northern Ireland. What crisis is there now. Why should the state want to know how many times I fly, or sail, what for. Why should I have to tell them. ( I’m aware that they can piece it together from CC usage, ANPR, etc. )

Travelling to the IoM is no different to crossInbox county lines by rail or internal plane travel, or from one end of the M6 to the other, in reality. 

So what is the rationale? More important what is the costs benefit analysis or SWOT analysis? What will it cost. Why is it urgent.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1