Turning left off Glencrutchery Road into Ballaquayle Road!

Max Power

The ever growing list of D.O.I cock ups will go on for ever and ever until we have M.H.K s who grow a backbone and start calling them out over there incompetence ( yes we all make mistakes) but it’s got to the stage when we now expert everything they do to be a load of bollocks and that’s not right. Management should be held accountable and if there not up to the job bye bye. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

It works no different to any other filter lane really.  People from the right lane would clearly be looking to see they can move over safely.  It isn't rocket science.

That's quite true and yes if you change lanes then you have to give way so I suppose it's ok. I Google mapped round London and there is a mix.  Some have small lines to make it clear you are crossing a lane and there is a hazard but some are just like this so I will let them off. I do note that one of the old dashes seems to have been rubbed off though so there's a long strip of plain tarmac.

20 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Kopek posted about the driver of a bin wagon not getting prosecuted at governors.

Teapot, I quite clearly referenced the ''...  accident by Gov Hill Estate entrance....''

However it was so long ago I don't know anymore than you!!!

Have I had my tea?

2 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I assume the reason for it is because if you are coming up from the Grandstand to turn right into Victoria Road you would need to give way to all oncoming traffic from Onchan and the Mountain.  Given that the prom is closed, that traffic at peak times will be volumous.

If you make the traffic from the Grandstand go the route the DoI have then anything wanting to go down Victoria road will simply use the second roundabout to join the other traffic and won't hold up anyone not wanting to go down Victoria Road.  Seems logical to me.

Except that all it achieves is moving the need to turn right from the mini roundabout at the top of Victoria Road to the more grown up roundabout nearer Onchan. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Except that all it achieves is moving the need to turn right from the mini roundabout at the top of Victoria Road to the more grown up roundabout nearer Onchan. 

which seems totally pointless to sensible people.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Teapot, I quite clearly referenced the ''...  accident by Gov Hill Estate entrance....''

However it was so long ago I don't know anymore than you!!!

Have I had my tea?

Yeah, i just assumed you meant Governors Bridge. I mean, you aren't exactly known for getting things right on here...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

The ever growing list of D.O.I cock ups will go on for ever and ever until we have M.H.K s who grow a backbone and start calling them out over there incompetence ( yes we all make mistakes) but it’s got to the stage when we now expert everything they do to be a load of bollocks and that’s not right. Management should be held accountable and if there not up to the job bye bye. 

A few years ago now, we had a new Director of Highways (possibly Bruce Hannay's replacement?), IIRC his name was Pearson. One of the first jobs he did was take away all those plastic dividers from the lanes at Quarterbridge in order to improve traffic flow (which it certainly seemed to).

Then he took away a lot of what was deemed superfluous speed and road signage from the 6-odd mile stretch between Quarterbridge and Ballacraine and tidied everything up.

Then he departed his post and was never seen again. Anybody else remember?

5 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

A few years ago now, we had a new Director of Highways (possibly Bruce Hannay's replacement?), IIRC his name was Pearson. One of the first jobs he did was take away all those plastic dividers from the lanes at Quarterbridge in order to improve traffic flow (which it certainly seemed to).

Then he took away a lot of what was deemed superfluous speed and road signage from the 6-odd mile stretch between Quarterbridge and Ballacraine and tidied everything up.

Then he departed his post and was never seen again. Anybody else remember?

Between Quarterbridge and Snugborough the speed limit is 40 and has been for ages. My satnav insists that its 30. Do the DOI keep the satnav people updated? 

1 hour ago, x-in-man said:

I see twat on a bike has been spoken to by the Coppers.

if I was driving and he did that to me he’d have to recover his bike from his arse or the fence, or probably both.

However car drivers are not doing much better.

I was sat at St, Ninians lights heading north this afternoon, and could not help notice that 4 cars in quick succession entered the bus lane about 50 mtrs before they should and we’re lucky the lights didn’t change as cars in front of the were turning left. 4 idiots breaking the law and putting law abiding drivers at risk. All on dash cam if anyone wants.

Edited by Scotty

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

I see the DOI made use of the dark hours to really mess up Governor's Bridge.  Now, you cannot turn right to go down Victoria Road  from Glencrutchery Road, but must go down the dip, round the roundabout, then turn left.  Now there are two lanes coming from the north past the bridge, one straight ahead the other to go left down Victoria Roaf, so what bit of the road do they need closed for works?  I am sure it makes sense. 

The losers here are those driving up Victoria road and tuning right. They now have a stop sign and have to wait until there is a gap both ways before entering the mayhem. 
In all my almost 50 years of driving, I have never seen  anything so over the top and putting lives at risk a# this farce here and at St Ninians.

Edited by Scotty
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Scotty said:

However car drivers are doing much better.

I was sat at St, Ninians lights heading north this afternoon, and could not help notice that 4 cars in quick succession entered the bus lane about 50 mtrs before they should and we’re lucky the lights didn’t change a# cars in front of the were turning left. 4 idiots breaking the law and putting law abiding drivers at risk. All on dash cam if anyone wants.

is the bus lane actually legally a bus lane or just paint on the road ?  the DOI have form for signage not backed up in law.

Edited by WTF

2 hours ago, x-in-man said:

I see twat on a bike has been spoken to by the Coppers.

if I was driving and he did that to me he’d have to recover his bike from his arse or the fence, or probably both.

Another anonymous warrior safe in the comfort he won't have to carry out the idle threat

• Like 2