Jump to content
Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Max Power

Turning left off Glencrutchery Road into Ballaquayle Road!

Recommended Posts

In his interview or chat with the nation on Mannin line today Baker said they knew there would be opposition to the Glencrutcheryroadgate  but it would settle down after a couple of weeks as people had accepted something similar they had done down South after that time.   What a plonker.   He reminded me of an excited puppy having his first playtime with the big dogs.   However, it is a massive department perhaps it need splitting up, the list of what it is responsible for was read out and it astounded me, too unwieldy by half it is really not surprising that things are not getting the attention that they should be getting.   Anyway we have his word that the promenade will be ready for next Easter and apparently things are sweet between the contractors and his team and sweeter between him and his team....all good then.:whistling:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

In his interview or chat with the nation on Mannin line today Baker said they knew there would be opposition to the Glencrutcheryroadgate  but it would settle down after a couple of weeks as people had accepted something similar they had done down South after that time.   What a plonker.   He reminded me of an excited puppy having his first playtime with the big dogs.   However, it is a massive department perhaps it need splitting up, the list of what it is responsible for was read out and it astounded me, too unwieldy by half it is really not surprising that things are not getting the attention that they should be getting.   Anyway we have his word that the promenade will be ready for next Easter and apparently things are sweet between the contractors and his team and sweeter between him and his team....all good then.:whistling:

splitting up?? it needs to be got rid of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

splitting up?? it needs to be got rid of

And in particular, one or two individuals at its top tiers.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets drop the name the Director of Highways Mr Jeff Robinson in here again, just so everyone knows that Longworth and Black aren't the only utter wankers involved.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

 Management at DOI have completly failed in everyway and how Black is still in charge is mindblowing. Along with senior CS there they need to be made accountable . 

It was interesting that, during his long interview on the Mannin Line today, Tim Baker was asked about the senior management team he'd inherited. He responded that "some of them will enjoy working with me, more than others." 

It suggests that he has sussed out some of them, but whether he'll actually be able to change anything will be a different matter. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

In his interview or chat with the nation on Mannin line today Baker said they knew there would be opposition to the Glencrutcheryroadgate  but it would settle down after a couple of weeks as people had accepted something similar they had done down South after that time.   What a plonker.   He reminded me of an excited puppy having his first playtime with the big dogs.   However, it is a massive department perhaps it need splitting up, the list of what it is responsible for was read out and it astounded me, too unwieldy by half it is really not surprising that things are not getting the attention that they should be getting.   Anyway we have his word that the promenade will be ready for next Easter and apparently things are sweet between the contractors and his team and sweeter between him and his team....all good then.:whistling:

I thought Baker came across OK on the whole.  I do like to hear a bit of confidence and he has it.

Dealt with the moaners very well too.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They will do what most civil servants do nod, agree, and then continue to do things the same way as ever.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I thought Baker came across OK on the whole.  I do like to hear a bit of confidence and he has it.

Dealt with the moaners very well too.

I don’t think ignorance or arrogance are the same as confidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really dogs dangly, really, you must have been listening to a different interview I thought he was patronising, they will get used to it, not a great start to a 15 month career.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Really dogs dangly, really, you must have been listening to a different interview I thought he was patronising, they will get used to it, not a great start to a 15 month career.  

I listened to most of it.  He came across fairly well.  He answered direct questions with direct answers for the most part.  Clearly he has to deal with painful Eric but I'm sure everyone is fed up of him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I don’t think ignorance or arrogance are the same as confidence.

That's largely because you clearly cannot discern between the three of them.

Also, he WILL need a level of arrogance if he is going to deal with the ego driven upper echelons of the DOI.

You won't change anything in there being a shrinking violet.

Edited by The Dog's Dangly Bits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

That's largely because you clearly cannot discern between the three of them.

Also, he WILL need a level of arrogance if he is going to deal with the ego driven upper echelons of the DOI.

You won't change anything in there being a shrinking violet.

Thank you. Your comments are noted.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly the Roads div and Transport could have a clash of interests. Indeed, seem to have just had one?

Where would they put Transport? In the DfE? Iit's tourist dept would demand trillions for the Heritage Rail Network!!!

Similar vein to St Ninians, this evening, came across a bunch of 8 or so cyclists between Scarlet and Gansey. Two abreast, nothing wrong with that but why didn't they use the cycle lane/pavement? Is it too rough for bikes?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The gansey cycle lane is dreadful. I stick to the road but you end up getting punishment passes (closer than usual) there more than anywhere as drivers think you should be riding on a shit surface which is covered in debris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...