Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Mr Newbie

6 weeks in jail, mental

AG's office needs to appeal this verdict and level it up to the jail time others have been subjected to.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

There very little? if any, extortionate pay in that industry.

I'd be intrigued to know if the fella jailed for selling stuff from his house had a bigger back story because on the face of it these two committed a more serious breach.

Apologies for the misunderstanding- by ‘care home’, I meant looking after vulnerable young people, not aged. There are multiple Looked After Children staff who travel each week across to the Island and get paid a shedload more than the local staff who live and work here.

Edited by manxst

I guess my next ski holiday season is off limits. It would be impossible for me to quarantine myself for two weeks. Or maybe it is time to get a criminal record...

It is ridiculous how zealously police and judges of this island have been enforcing the Covid-19 restrictions and punishing whenever they had the opportunity. It has been a moral cause for them. They are so thick. That is how they will be seen in retrospective when, years from now, a detached and informed analysis of the whole problem will be possible.

The self quarantine for travellers is probably alright for those who can work from home. Not so easy if you're a brickie.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

The self quarantine for travellers is probably alright for those who can work from home. Not so easy if you're a brickie.

Only so many BBQ's you can build...