Jump to content
Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Neil Down

INCREASED PRICES

Recommended Posts

Having discussed the pros and cons of getting a puppy since our old dog passed away, Mrs D and myself thought now is the right time. Having checked the various reputable sites, now is definitely not the right time.

Pre-corona lockdown, puppies were between £500 and £800. Same breeds are now going for £1000 to £2000.

Good time to be a dog breeder then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Having discussed the pros and cons of getting a puppy since our old dog passed away, Mrs D and myself thought now is the right time. Having checked the various reputable sites, now is definitely not the right time.

Pre-corona lockdown, puppies were between £500 and £800. Same breeds are now going for £1000 to £2000.

Good time to be a dog breeder then...

Why not rescue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Why not rescue?

I'm looking into that. Ideally I would like a dog no older than 2 years old. My son's girlfriend has something to do with the one over here and keeping an eye out for us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

I'm looking into that. Ideally I would like a dog no older than 2 years old. My son's girlfriend has something to do with the one over here and keeping an eye out for us

The advantage of not having a puppy is reduced risk of your house being chewed up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not just puppy's was in B&Q the other day and a tin of paint that used to be £16/17 is now nearer £30!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, finlo said:

It's not just puppy's was in B&Q the other day and a tin of paint that used to be £16/17 is now nearer £30!

Take a lot of grooming them Dulux dogs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the other hand, a lot of fresh produce is much reduced in price at present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree.  My dogs local produce has dropped in price too, but I cannot give it away - even when wrapped and left on trees.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...