Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Neil Down

INCREASED PRICES

Having discussed the pros and cons of getting a puppy since our old dog passed away, Mrs D and myself thought now is the right time. Having checked the various reputable sites, now is definitely not the right time.

Pre-corona lockdown, puppies were between £500 and £800. Same breeds are now going for £1000 to £2000.

Good time to be a dog breeder then...

22 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Having discussed the pros and cons of getting a puppy since our old dog passed away, Mrs D and myself thought now is the right time. Having checked the various reputable sites, now is definitely not the right time.

Pre-corona lockdown, puppies were between £500 and £800. Same breeds are now going for £1000 to £2000.

Good time to be a dog breeder then...

Why not rescue?

52 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Why not rescue?

I'm looking into that. Ideally I would like a dog no older than 2 years old. My son's girlfriend has something to do with the one over here and keeping an eye out for us

12 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

I'm looking into that. Ideally I would like a dog no older than 2 years old. My son's girlfriend has something to do with the one over here and keeping an eye out for us

The advantage of not having a puppy is reduced risk of your house being chewed up.

• Like 2

It's not just puppy's was in B&Q the other day and a tin of paint that used to be £16/17 is now nearer £30!

3 minutes ago, finlo said:

It's not just puppy's was in B&Q the other day and a tin of paint that used to be £16/17 is now nearer £30!

Take a lot of grooming them Dulux dogs.

On the other hand, a lot of fresh produce is much reduced in price at present.

I agree.  My dogs local produce has dropped in price too, but I cannot give it away - even when wrapped and left on trees.

• Haha 1