• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A town or village need hub facilitys. A bank, pharmacy, doctors, post office, newsagent, cafe spring to mind. Economic pressure and online alternatives have slowly removed the social fabric of towns b

I'll be running a mobile cash collection service for all of the businesses affected from January 2021. Just deposit your days takings with me and I'll definitely be back in the morning with change for

There really is a load of rubbish being talked about this!!  To understand the reasoning behind these decisions one must first understand how the Banks used to operate and how they have to operat

Posted Images

The main issues for the Banks is less people using branches, no one wants to pay for the service hence its massively loss making.

the only way Banks can provide a free Or cheap service is digital and no one is going to open a bank with branches and the Government would be stupid to set up own loss making bank.

Cregeen thinks 400 new houses will make a difference to numbers using banks well it doesn’t, exactly the same issue for post offices 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

IoM bank in Castletown always seems busy to me. It's not often you can go in and get served straight away, there is almost always a queue. It is a bad thing for the town.

It may appear busy but are those customers just going in to do things they could do online eg transfer, payment, get cash out etc and are they generating any income for Bank?

in most cases the footflow is loss making personal and small businesses. The large businesses do nearly everything online & their relationship managers will visit their premises for meetings on more complex issues.

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

It may appear busy but are those customers just going in to do things they could do online eg transfer, payment, get cash out etc and are they generating any income for Bank?

in most cases the footflow is loss making personal and small businesses. The large businesses do nearly everything online & their relationship managers will visit their premises for meetings on more complex issues.

How do you get cash out online?

I hate this swing to 'just do it online', sometimes I actually want to speak to a human. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

How do you get cash out online?

I hate this swing to 'just do it online', sometimes I actually want to speak to a human. 

You use an ATM for cash, you can speak to a human in a telephony centre once you have pressed several buttons, held for an operator & then answered security questions!! should take about 15 minutes for a balance enquiry!!

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Don't some businesses accept a loss of profit in some areas but make it up in the other areas ? With these closures and the loss of community presence will it also adversely affect their mortgage  provisions. Some time people would like to deal with someone who has experience of the area they want to purchase a home in. Or is that now the old fashioned way?

58 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

hate this swing to 'just do it online', sometimes I actually want to speak to a human. 

Ditto. Nothing like personal relationships when dealing with trust issues like who is looking after my money. Trying to chase the bank when problems arise is like chasing smoke sometimes. Many reports in the money advice newspapers about the banks being difficult speak with when it customers trying to sort out problems, some of which should either not have happened in the first place or could be sorted out without fuss if the access to a person in the bank itself was easily available.

56 minutes ago, Banker said:

You use an ATM for cash, you can speak to a human in a telephony centre once you have pressed several buttons, held for an operator & then answered security questions!! should take about 15 minutes for a balance enquiry!

Recent experiences of mine show the problems. trying to find an ATM that actually does not have the message Out of Service.  Of course, there is always cashbacvk fro the Co-op, if they are open.

In my experience most business travel is about ego-puffing and plundering the X's account.

However face-to-face is the only way to build trust.

So losing your bank branch is a major bummer because being known by the staff I've always found cuts out a lot of bs.

• Like 1

What has the Member who is charge of business at DfE said and been doing on the closure of these Banks,

From the news nothing, you would have hope Mr Skelly and Mr Hooper would have made at least a little effort.

Department of Enterprise should change its name to Department of Funding,

as they do not communicate with small businessess at all.