2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Getting back to topic , heard Moorhouse in radio saying the demonstration on Friday may change Banks decisions and save Castletown after they said it’s irreversible!

if he really believes that then I worry for Castletown future if he gets reelection 

Quite.

Have their customers been told where their accounts will be moved to?

Obviously the majority will have been centralised for a while.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A town or village need hub facilitys. A bank, pharmacy, doctors, post office, newsagent, cafe spring to mind. Economic pressure and online alternatives have slowly removed the social fabric of towns b

I'll be running a mobile cash collection service for all of the businesses affected from January 2021. Just deposit your days takings with me and I'll definitely be back in the morning with change for

There really is a load of rubbish being talked about this!!  To understand the reasoning behind these decisions one must first understand how the Banks used to operate and how they have to operat

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Quite.

Have their customers been told where their accounts will be moved to?

Obviously the majority will have been centralised for a while.

Yes all customers got letters. I do think IOMB could have done something for business customers to payin via post offices rather than making them travel to either port Erin or Douglas 

57 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yes all customers got letters. I do think IOMB could have done something for business customers to payin via post offices rather than making them travel to either port Erin or Douglas 

Then I guess they've already started redundancy procedures.

No going back from there I would say...

19 minutes ago, P.K. said:

They’ve opened a voluntary redundancies register across all islands and looking to shedc10% of staff . Some of the older staff with plenty of years are hoping for redundancy, those with high commitments are fearful as not many jobs going in financial sector at present 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Is Ramsey IOMB closing or closed?

All these firms now closing and letting people go - is there a way of knowing how much of taxpayers money they received during these "unprecedented' times" ? Shouldn't there be a bit of we stood by you with our money and you need to soak a it up for that support.?

53 minutes ago, Apple said:

All these firms now closing and letting people go - is there a way of knowing how much of taxpayers money they received during these "unprecedented' times" ? Shouldn't there be a bit of we stood by you with our money and you need to soak a it up for that support.?

There were some figures in ther 'Road To Recovery' presentation yesterday

So "Isle of Man Bank" is now a trading name of NatWest Group (or a subsidiary called Natwest Offshore.......whatever RBSI changed to).

My question is: why has the registered company Isle of Man Bank Limited changed its name to Tilba Limited?

https://services.gov.im/ded/services/companiesregistry/viewcompany.iom?Id=7

5 hours ago, P.K. said:

It's inevitable and there will be many more to come from their back office at Howard Pearson House and upstairs at 2 Athol Street over the coming months.

This was already happening with an obvious transfer of jobs to Jersey and London City. Covid-19 has only sped it up as a convenient excuse. 

4 minutes ago, ThreeRaccoonsInATrenchCoat said:

So "Isle of Man Bank" is now a trading name of NatWest Group (or a subsidiary called Natwest Offshore.......whatever RBSI changed to).

My question is: why has the registered company Isle of Man Bank Limited changed its name to Tilba Limited?

https://services.gov.im/ded/services/companiesregistry/viewcompany.iom?Id=7

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=48580&headline=Isle of Man Bank: Customers won't notice changes when we change legal entity&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2019

"He said that, not only products and services of Isle of Man Bank would remain, but also its presence on the High Street through the Isle of Man Bank branches."

Edited by GD4ELI