Isle of Man Bank

Sentience

3 minutes ago, ThreeRaccoonsInATrenchCoat said:

So Donald Trumps is not joking? They changed the name to that temporarily until they close down the company altogether? 
Seems very strange to choose the name of a company which happens to be the same as a UK company which was struck off.

Read the link I posted, it's really about consolidation and simplifying the system.

The name is not relevant, whether the bank is solvent is far more important.

24 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Read the link I posted, it's really about consolidation and simplifying the system.

The name is not relevant, whether the bank is solvent is far more important.

I'm already perfectly aware of what they are doing with their corporate structure. 

I am curious about the choice of name. 

6 minutes ago, Apple said:

Are they still part of the £50,000 IOM protection scheme.?

Yes https://www.iomfsa.im/consumer-material/isle-of-man-depositors-compensation-scheme-dcs/#:~:text=In general terms%2C the DCS,to £50%2C000 in total).&text=The DCS protects certain deposits,Authority (“IOMFSA").  (Link on page under "What the DCS covers")

Edited by sm-iom

4 hours ago, ThreeRaccoonsInATrenchCoat said:

So "Isle of Man Bank" is now a trading name of NatWest Group (or a subsidiary called Natwest Offshore.......whatever RBSI changed to).

My question is: why has the registered company Isle of Man Bank Limited changed its name to Tilba Limited?

https://services.gov.im/ded/services/companiesregistry/viewcompany.iom?Id=7

They may be going to liquidate it and notices in the paper re the liquidation or dissolution of "Isle of Man Bank" would cause a bit of a fuss.

This is quite a common practice for liquidation/dissolutions.

I have no inside knowledge of this particular case.

On a slightly wider note it seems poor forward thinking to me that Ballasalla used to have a bank and a post office together with small shops most of which have now gone but yet a huge estate is being built. Castletown is now going to benefit from 96 new houses I read on a noticeboard and yet facilities are closing there too ! 

Edited by asitis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, asitis said:

On a slightly wider note it seems poor forward thinking to me that Ballasalla used to have a bank and a post office together with small shops most of which have now gone but yet a huge estate is being built. Castletown is now going to benefit from 96 new houses I read on a noticeboard and yet facilities are closing there too ! 

Problem is most younger families don’t use small shops,banks , post offices. Everything is done online with weekly visits to Tesco, shoprite or M&S 

• Sad 1