18 minutes ago, Banker said:

Problem is most younger families don’t use small shops, banks , post offices. Everything is done online with weekly visits to Tesco, shoprite or M&S 

Not just young families. I even send packages via Post Office or DPD online as my PO has closed and the nearest one has almost no parking nearby.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A town or village need hub facilitys. A bank, pharmacy, doctors, post office, newsagent, cafe spring to mind. Economic pressure and online alternatives have slowly removed the social fabric of towns b

I'll be running a mobile cash collection service for all of the businesses affected from January 2021. Just deposit your days takings with me and I'll definitely be back in the morning with change for

There really is a load of rubbish being talked about this!!  To understand the reasoning behind these decisions one must first understand how the Banks used to operate and how they have to operat

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Phillip Dearden said:

They may be going to liquidate it and notices in the paper re the liquidation or dissolution of "Isle of Man Bank" would cause a bit of a fuss.

So they are trying to pull a fast one on us and sneak it in the liquidations under a different name.  

What wonderful customer relations! It's an example of contempt for the general public. 

37 minutes ago, ThreeRaccoonsInATrenchCoat said:

So they are trying to pull a fast one on us and sneak it in the liquidations under a different name.  

What wonderful customer relations! It's an example of contempt for the general public. 

Conspiracy theory without foundation. For RBSI international to have been given permission to register IoM Bank as a Business Name the Registrar of Companies and the Regukator will have required that IoM Bank Limited changed its name. If it had stayed as IOM Bank it would have had to be registered with the Regulator and supervised at not inconsiderable cost.

Theres no suggestion it will be liquidated. Just fevered imaginations in tin foil hats.

• Like 1

A little off-topic but I see Sure are now announcing the closure of their Ramsey and Port Erin shops in a move that will consolidate their business at the Douglas branch (MR News).

• Like 1

The Sure shop in Port Erin has always been a bit weird, it wasn't operated by Sure, it was a franchise and if you went in to do certain things they couldn't really help and you ended up phoning the call centre anyway. They also didn't have a till, so if you wanted to buy a tenners credit for cash you had to go to the coop which made very little sense to me. It is a shame though, there was a scottish guy who worked in there who knew his stuff. Unlike all the staff I've ever dealt with in the Douglas one.

53 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Boot is touting a letter he has written to RBS/NWG on his Twitter profile

I’m sure they’ve called a board meeting to consider it!

theres plenty of complaints in Channel Islands as well but won’t make any difference 

3 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Was watching itv last night and an advert came on for isle of man bank. Found it funny, cant service those in peel and port erin but can service the rest of the uk

I think they only appear on itv player, so probably targeted.

3 hours ago, Banker said:

I’m sure they’ve called a board meeting to consider it!

theres plenty of complaints in Channel Islands as well but won’t make any difference 

I doubt it

It's just Boot waving a bit of paper around like Chamberlain that is pitiful

He should have been on the job for his electors before the second & final closing of the Peel branch

4 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Boot is touting a letter he has written to RBS/NWG on his Twitter profile

I'm sure it'll find its way on to the nail in the wall of the RBS executive bog.

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
Just now, Non-Believer said:

I'm sure it'll find its way on to the nail in the wall of the executive bog.

At Natwest, yes

Thing is, with UK govt being majority shareholder in NatWestGroup big Tories like Boot could have been over there in their official govt capacity begging the third deputy Lord of HM Treasury or whatever not to allow the greedy banking twats treat the IOM so badly